• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New track or evo reflash

S

shaun3232

Oct 6, 2011
Not sure if I want a new track or the evo reflash.. the track is two years old stock.. paddles are starting to curl over...what you think..

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Tough choice!!!! The 215 flash will make the sled rock and roll, but if you are just spinning it isn't going to help. I would do both:face-icon-small-ton

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
I vote EVO flash

The added trackspeed you gain from the reflash outweighs the extra 1/4" of lug height, and you can always find a used 2.6" later if someone upgrades to a 3"... just my opinion.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
What the old one above said makes the most sense.
the track will last for awhile depends if you want a bit more power- track are easy to come by and the 3" makes sense..
Been running the 215 flash over a year now- and the best for the stock turbo.. do the flash and then go track hunting- if you feel you need to.

S/C

D

deadcat

Nov 27, 2007
Castle Rock CO
Cheat

Buy the track and put an EVO sticker on your sled so you look cool at the trail head. Nobody will see your ECU....

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Track

The track sucks pretty bad though! She'll still haul if you do the re-flash without the track. Night and day again with the 9175M.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Its a tough choice. Did a lot of 215's and replaced a lot of 2.25 track for 2.6. There is a pretty big difference in either. I'd go with the track first. Without good hook up you wont get the most out of the ECU reflash.

T

TURBIE

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 17, 2013
saskatchewan
I would do the EVO 215 flash the track and the EVO decal now that would be even more cool.:face-icon-small-coo

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
Track will do way more for you than the flash. I only ran a 215 flash so I think the newer ones are more hp, 215 flash was a waste of money.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Track is a huge improvement for sure.

If you think the 215 was a waste then I'd say your set up was off or you have never run something else at elevation. If you ride below 3k a low elevation tune is better suited. Never had anyone say the 215 was anything less than overachieving.

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
Two of us ran 215 flashes set up properly riding at 5000-7000ft, improved throttle response, ran crisp, except had to change spark plugs on mine as I had the dreaded misfire issue, both had straight pipe, buddy ran bone stock motor with straight pipe, all three sleds were identical in climbing speed and himarking. I ran 2.5 extreme buddies ran 3 inch. I think a lot of people are ecstatic because they don't have a true comparison like we did. They were fun sleds in the wide open hills until we met 3 rmk turbos, 2 BD and one boost it, in 300 ft the rmks were 5-7 sled lengths ahead... We all bailed out of our 1100's licked our wounds on the depreciation, there are 5 of us building 2 smoke turbos this year.

Stick a 2.5 or 3 inch track under it and you will be further ahead.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
All over the map...

Two of us ran 215 flashes set up properly riding at 5000-7000ft, improved throttle response, ran crisp, except had to change spark plugs on mine as I had the dreaded misfire issue, both had straight pipe, buddy ran bone stock motor with straight pipe, all three sleds were identical in climbing speed and himarking. I ran 2.5 extreme buddies ran 3 inch. I think a lot of people are ecstatic because they don't have a true comparison like we did. They were fun sleds in the wide open hills until we met 3 rmk turbos, 2 BD and one boost it, in 300 ft the rmks were 5-7 sled lengths ahead... We all bailed out of our 1100's licked our wounds on the depreciation, there are 5 of us building 2 smoke turbos this year.

Stick a 2.5 or 3 inch track under it and you will be further ahead.
There is a huge difference in the sleds being compared above. A 3" track is a huge improvement over the 2.5" (I know, I have one, and the 2.6 PC works better then the 2.5 IMHO). As far as comparing a 215 flash to a Boost-It Pro or BD 2 stroke turbo, you'll discover what power to weight ratio means. A new Pro is about $1000 less then a new M1100T, but a BD turbo is about $5K, and you'll be running av gas. On the other hand, a BC 280 kit is less $$$ for the M1100T, and you'll end up at or near the same price in the end, with 4S reliability as a bonus. The RMK will be lighter, but it will not have the torque of the 1100T. I guess what I'm getting at is that you have to run a bit more hp to compensate for the weight differences between the sleds, which can be done for less $$$, and still end up with a reliable machine. Different strokes for different folks.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
That must have been one strong stock sled. 35hp more did not make a difference. The 3" track wasn't better than the 2.5" either if all sleds were identical. Never had anyone say a 3" wasn't better than 2.5"....or increasing power by 20% wasn't noticeable. When all 3 were stock it must have laid a beating on the other 2. Hmmm.

I know 2 riding groups that have multiple 1100's (one group I know personally the other one not) that run a hodge podge of parts and brands. Don't know any stocker in either one that runs with any legit mod 1100's. In 2012 I posted video of a stock 800, stock 1100, and an 1100 with intake, exhaust, and a 2.0. It was in that order they high marked. The modded 1100 was the largest margin by a lot. I've re-flashed a lot of guys that previously had 1.9 and 2.0's, not a single one complained the performance wasn't better, in addition to all the other benefits.
I've seen plenty of side by side comparisons of any and all 1100 aftermarket parts. This is the first case I've ever heard of that nothing seemingly worked. As far as comparing any 4s to a 2s sled.....that is about 140lbs lighter and turbo'd. No surprise there.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Doing any of the mentions mods, reflash or track, will never show their true potential without proper clutching. Can't just through a 3" track on and expect it to perform.

Going back to the original question on which to buy. Also keep in mind the track will cost you 2-3x what the 215 reflash costs. Depending on what track and who installs it.

S

shaun3232

Oct 6, 2011
Its $670 for a 2.5" challenger extreme...and I will be installing it myself .. what does Tue reflash cost?

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Haha, looks like Cody can't post....it's a conspiracy lol.

At that elevation I'd do the 240 flash. You can pm Turbie about how that flash worked. He had another brand for a few thousand kms before that one. I'm in Canada but I believe it's less than the track you are looking at.

Premium Features