• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Revelstoke 900 Ride - March 3,4,5 2011 PART 4 - PICS POSTED!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I was wondering how well those jacks worked.

FLIPPING AMAZING!!!

Does Sean have a caution rider may bail at anytime sticker on that sled too...lol

not yet, but i do got one for it, just need to find a place to put it, lol.

Much more to come.... gonna let Sean throw up some of his so I don't spoil it all, lol:beer;:face-icon-small-hap

by all means man, go for it..i havent even unpacked my crap yet...ill try and get some on this week, but if you got the time man, shoot it up there...i know Zane/Kreg and all the others that couldnt make it would hate to see the EPIC-ness..

Dano...where you at man, you hating on us now ;) hope all is well brother!

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
We don't hate it. I knew what you guys were heading up to and I'm lovin the pics. Motivation for the rest of us to make it up there at least once next year. We have snow like this in Montana too :face-icon-small-win

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Think that would have been a little more impressive if he had hit it with a little speed.:face-icon-small-coo

Lol, ya, it probably would have, but I'm not a dropper and that was the biggest drop I had ever even considered.... quite a rush for this kid, haha.:face-icon-small-hap

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Lol, ya, it probably would have, but I'm not a dropper and that was the biggest drop I had ever even considered.... quite a rush for this kid, haha.:face-icon-small-hap

Scary as hell would be a better description...lol. Especially when the drops get bigger. Nothing quite like the feeling of dropping off a cornice on the top of a mountain then holding on for your life as you head to the bottom of the mountain like a missile.:face-icon-small-ton

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Break down #2 on day 3 of the trip- 7 miles up the trail and Mark's SLP Y-pipe let loose... he thought he blew his motor:eek:

This turned out to be Mark's very first tow out of the hills ever:( At least another 900 was the tow sled, lol.

100_6712.jpg

100_6713.jpg

100_6714.jpg

100_6717.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Break down #2 on day 3 of the trip- 7 miles up the trail and Mark's SLP Y-pipe let loose... he thought he blew his motor:eek:

This turned out to be Mark's very first tow out of the hills ever:( At least another 900 was the tow sled, lol.

Ouch, I have seen a lot of cracks in SLP 900 pipes but this is a first I think. I've never seen one fail right there. Did anyone have a spare? I am going to carry my stock pipe with me on trips after seeing this and the first day crash on the Cooke City trip.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Ouch, I have seen a lot of cracks in SLP 900 pipes but this is a first I think. I've never seen one fail right there. Did anyone have a spare? I am going to carry my stock pipe with me on trips after seeing this and the first day crash on the Cooke City trip.

I've never even heard of a y-pipe failing before, you can see from the smooth 'ejection' of the pipe from the flange that the welds did not penetrate adequately. No spare on hand at the time:face-icon-small-fro

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Wow, look at all that untracked Powder. I can tell I wasn't there or I would have left marks all over.:face-icon-small-ton

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Wow, look at all that untracked Powder. I can tell I wasn't there or I would have left marks all over.:face-icon-small-ton

LOL, I can assure you it didn't look like that for long:D:D

My first video is up now - Dan tearing it up on the first day on Boulder Mtn.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Looks like he got some good riding in before it broke. Why is everyone sitting around and not riding? Was Dan teaching a class on how to ride the 900 right there...lol:face-icon-small-ton

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Looks like he got some good riding in before it broke. Why is everyone sitting around and not riding? Was Dan teaching a class on how to ride the 900 right there...lol:face-icon-small-ton

I was taking video, Sean was fixing a recoil problem after dumping it, Mark was riding the hill on the other side of the trees, and Dan was the one I was videoing at the time. Dave didn't arrive in town till later that evening to ride the next day.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Yeah, lessons on how to ransack your engine in 6 hours! haha, looks like Mark caught on:face-icon-small-hap

AWESOME pics and vids guys, keep em coming. Making me very jealous I was only there for one day's ride. I'll start processing more helmet cam footage when I hit days off.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Yeah, lessons on how to ransack your engine in 6 hours! haha, looks like Mark caught on:face-icon-small-hap

AWESOME pics and vids guys, keep em coming. Making me very jealous I was only there for one day's ride. I'll start processing more helmet cam footage when I hit days off.

Might have been one day but it looks like you got some amazing riding in. I am taking notes on your trips. Going to have two pipes and a spare Y-pipe with me when I make that trip. That way there are spares for anyone who needs it.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.

LOL, ya he did.... not good.

Wish you could have stayed for the rest of the trip, but either way it was great to meet ya and get some riding in... that 151 ripped pretty good.

Till the next ride:beer;

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Sean playing in the trenches:D

Dave was having some issues not getting proper boost, but still on the snow anyway:face-icon-small-hap

Myself having to take 2 runs at it... went vertical and lost all momentum mid-climb, lol

Helmet cam is gonna be a few days probably, Being HD video it takes MUCH longer to copy and upload.... and I haven't even looked at it yet.:clock:

Stay tuned:face-icon-small-coo

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
For sure, it was really good to meet and hang with everyone. If you cross the border for 4 wheelin this summer Seth, I'll meet up with you. Otherwise, I think we definitely have to keep the Revy ride going year to year. I'm going to try and make it down to the US ride in 11/12 as well.

Premium Features