• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chatterboxs??

toesmack

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2008
Reno, NV
The ChatterBox X1 will operate as a voice activate unit or Push To Talk. kinda depends on how loud your sled is. Mostly you will be happier running it in PTT mode. The GMRS X1 or GMRS X1 Bluetooth are the only units I recommend for snowmobiles because of the greater range and power. The only real difference in these 2 radios is the bluetooth unit will link wirelessly with your iPod and iPhone or Garmin, and the standard X1 needs a wire. I sell them for $170 for the X1 and $260 for the X1BT. Got 'em in stock.

Feel free to call with any questions or to place an order.

ED
1-888-424-2826
775-230-6032

superfly333

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
MN
A bunch of my buddies and I have the GMRS-X1's and use them all the time. They are great to have especially for the money that toesmack is selling them for. My buddy bought 3 from him. The only bad thing i will say about them is that they advertise a 5 mile range and they are not even close to that. I have had the GMRS-X1 for the past 2 going on 3 years and have got like a max of about 2 miles out of it. Still great product just expected a little more range. Just my .02

toesmack

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2008
Reno, NV
Superfly has it correct.

It is an absolute fact that these will not transmit 5 miles except in VERY rare circumstances. You can expect 1 to 1.5 miles on average, a little more in the flats or light tree cover. You can get double that or more Mountain top to mountain top, but not in the heavy trees. Some competition radios actually advertise 35 miles! BULL! The power limits imposed by the FCC will limit these to about the same range.

Real advantage is the on the fly communication and the fact they are completely contained on your helmet. No extra wires or external battery required. Expect about 14 hours of service from a battery charge. Weight about 9.2 ounces and pretty well water resistant.

Very solid unit, I have been using the same radio for about 6 years now.

ED
1-888-424-2826
775-230-6032

Premium Features