• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Revelstoke 900 Ride - March 3,4,5 2011

How many days would you like to spend sledding AND what days do you prefer?

• Sled on Wednesday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sled on Thursday

• Sled on Friday

• Sled on Saturday

• 2 days for sledding

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I think I am about 8 hours away, but from Alberta I have to drive one of 2 mountain pass highways that can be horrible or closed at times through the winter. I have heard of 36 hour one way trips lol.

Here is a link for Glacier House which has already been mentioned. Literally located at the trailheads of Frisby, Turtle and Boulder mountains
http://www.glacierhouse.com/log-cabins
If we want to get a large cabin we better reserve it soon. I am willing to pay the extra to be able to ride from the cabin door for sure, but we might have to act fast.
I'll throw my 2c in and agree with Eric about when to go... late Jan/feb. I think the sooner we set a date, the easier for some to plan for it. If we do want a cabin, we may have to set the date according to available dates.
This trip is gonna be a blast, cant wait to put some faces to names and set a herd of 900's loose! Tractors everywhere

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
For some reason the thought of staying in the same cabin as Sean makes me shudder. Maybe we should shackle him up at night... Thoughts?

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I think I am about 8 hours away, but from Alberta I have to drive one of 2 mountain pass highways that can be horrible or closed at times through the winter. I have heard of 36 hour one way trips lol.

Here is a link for Glacier House which has already been mentioned. Literally located at the trailheads of Frisby, Turtle and Boulder mountains
If we want to get a large cabin we better reserve it soon. I am willing to pay the extra to be able to ride from the cabin door for sure, but we might have to act fast.
I'll throw my 2c in and agree with Eric about when to go... late Jan/feb. I think the sooner we set a date, the easier for some to plan for it. If we do want a cabin, we may have to set the date according to available dates.
This trip is gonna be a blast, cant wait to put some faces to names and set a herd of 900's loose! Tractors everywhere

I said it before and will say it again, We are going to have the most tools on hand of any group of sleds on the hill.....

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHA:D:D

D
Sep 19, 2005
Couple of thoughts. If we hit it the first part of Dec. then you can ride Keystone, Sale etc...and avoid the caribou closure. Two years ago by the second week of Dec there was almost 10 feet of snow, according to the official measuring device at the alpine cabin.....we prefer to use the steps as our "official" guide.
I won't be interested in staying at a 5 star cause I'll just be there to eat, sleep and ride. The super 8 is snowmobiler friendly and they have cameras on the parking lot with a feed to the tv so you can watch your stuff all night...lol.
Hope to see you all on the snow...

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com

Don't forget about my 700. :D
If you want to look at it and not the rear bumper all day long.....you'll have to catch up. :face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-ton:camera:

I'd be OK with paying a bit extra and sledding from the cabin door. This is going to be a "event".......I'm guessing that we'll more or less take over the Glacier House or whatever cabin location (hint) we stay at.

I don't see many peeps talking about the 700's in here, I wonder how many SWer's have them?

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Glacier house really isn't that bad for group rates.

A 12 person cabin... is around $87 per person... Includes B-fast and Dinner.

Availability in Late Jan and Early Feb is good.

I can't make a pre Christmas trip... without committing career suicide (Thanksgiving vacation AND Christmas)

Cabin 106 - Kootenay House: Sleeps 12 persons:

261groot.jpg
262.jpg

• Our favorite group cabins features six individual lockable rooms upstairs with 2 single beds each, for a total capacity of 12.
  • The downstairs offers leather furniture and a Sat TV, 8 person table and small bar with mini-fridge.
  • A separate entrance services also as a dryroom for your winter gear. Central washrooms features 2 on-demand showers, 2 toilets and 2 vanities.
  • South facing deck with 7 person hot tub.
  • Parking for two vehicles and trailers. Direct snowmobile access to Frisby Ridge. Images 106

Both cabins are located within 50 meters of the main lodge and are sold as cabin-only in summer. In winter Kootenay House and cabin 103 are sold on a ‘Room and Meals inclusive’ basis at $87 cdn per person. This includes a shared room, hot breakfast and 3 course dinner (meals served in the Main Lodge).

106morepictures.jpg

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Don't forget about my 700. :D
If you want to look at it and not the rear bumper all day long.....you'll have to catch up. :face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-ton:camera:

I don't see many peeps talking about the 700's in here, I wonder how many SWer's have them?

dont bring up rear bumpers jeff...i still owe skisuccas brother one...;) of coarse it was his fault though, lol..cause i caught up...REAL quick..

you know i support the 7 hundo..would like to bring the wifes with me for a backup for someone else..since i should have both my 9s with me..but she said he!! to the no, lol...

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Im in, Ive allways wanted to go up that way, Why not go on the 900? Sounds like a good time. If someone from MT wants to come up with me id be willing to drive. Just have a single cab truck with a sled bed tough.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Awesome, this is great that so many are in for this already. Gonna be a wicked trip for sure. I am glad I have dirt biking to hold me over, because all this thinking about the snowy mountains has got me anxious to no end!
brrrraaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaap

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Alright, If this whole idea is going to happen then there are a few things to get figured.

I think it would be a good idea for someone who lives near or at least frequents Revy to step up and take this ride on from an official planning standpoint.

Second, we need to choose a date soon so that vacation plans can get set up and a rough head-count can be taken.

Any volunteers/suggestions?

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Wish I could be the local guide but I have never been to Revy!

For the dates.... maybe we could put it to a poll / vote? It's irrelevant to me... name the date and I will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features