• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Idle Problems

C

cowill2

Jan 5, 2009
Pueblo, CO
Here's the skinny,

I have a 07 dragon 700...runs like a top.

I live at 6800' and it idles great, very easy to engage reverse no problems etc...

When I go up higher and ride at 9000' + it seems to have a very weak idle and sometime it loads up to the point that the engine won't turn over and I usually have to let it sit for 15 mins...It's also nearly impossible to engaged the PERC reverse with this idle. Other than idling it still runs great at this elevation...

I have a Boondocker control box and i'm wondering if there are any changes I can make with this or if there's another fix recommended...???

Thanks!

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
i wouldn't tighten the throttle cable to pick the idle up.

i would adjust the idle screw/tps adjust screw slightly. the correct way would be to reset the tps to the high end of the tolerance for higher altitudes. that is what we have to do with our 900's .93v at 1000 feet and .96v at 10000 feet. don't know the exact specs for the 700 cfi but can find them if needed.

C
Feb 8, 2008
To correct your idle issue some are tweeking the the tps setting slightly, while others are useing their fuel box to correct the idle fuel mixture. Both seem to work fine.

Premium Features