• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Turbo 900

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
Sounds like a plan! I sent my junk front crossmember mount off to Mike @ Fabcraft today, having him machine out a full billet crossmember that is solid all the way thru. Hopefully that holds! And I got a oil pump coming too from a fellow Snowester! Also got a replacement flywheel for the one I stole from Taylor! haha

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
josh where did you get the AV gas? did you get a whole drum of it or what?

Ive been getting it from the livingston air port. Im going to start getting it from the Bozeman Jet Center. Little cheaper there to $4.20 a gallon. Ive just been filling a bunch of 5 gallon jugs. Do you have a barrel i could use?

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
Ive been getting it from the livingston air port. Im going to start getting it from the Bozeman Jet Center. Little cheaper there to $4.20 a gallon. Ive just been filling a bunch of 5 gallon jugs. Do you have a barrel i could use?

Let me do some digging, I might have a barrel up at the ranch, Who knows what has been in them though. I know that for like 25 bucks you can get one of the nice plastic ones that don't rust. I'll have to get ahold of that guy that skyler was getting his race gas thru. I wonder if like Murdochs or a fuel distribution center would have any around that they want to get rid of? Whats the price of AV at the Livingston International Airport? lol

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
sunday sound good to get this buggy out and try to get some video?? My little camera takes good enough video for putting on youtube!

I also want to see now the NA vs T-9... steel, your sled has to be one of the better running NA sleds I have seen, so it makes for some good comparison. and lets hope I can play, the poor little 162x2? is not putting the power where I want it... ill just turn up the boost... I know it will pull 20# at 8k rpm when my wastegate gets stuck closed!!! weld it!

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
sunday sound good to get this buggy out and try to get some video?? My little camera takes good enough video for putting on youtube!

I also want to see now the NA vs T-9... steel, your sled has to be one of the better running NA sleds I have seen, so it makes for some good comparison. and lets hope I can play, the poor little 162x2? is not putting the power where I want it... ill just turn up the boost... I know it will pull 20# at 8k rpm when my wastegate gets stuck closed!!! weld it!

Nick,

keep in mind my sled was only running on 90psi compression when you've seen it running, now it's gonna have the full 140, I can't wait to get it running again! We'll put Josh on it again, being so light I think he'd top any mountain lol I know I can't even come close to your guys' turbos tho :(

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Im betting it will do more then fine, maybe not in a straight up pull, but alas. we shall see, if josh gets the clutching closer for the weekend who knows, i might have some competition... I hope. If his handles like mine when the R's get up there, its crazy. mine was running around 10k rpm and felt fast.. when the boost went up a tiny bit and was pulling just shy of 11k.. it was stupid, never seems to lose speed unless ou let of for a while..

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
i think im gonna be ready. Thanks for snowest and the great people that have been PM ing me im excited to let her rip again. Been pulling the night shift working on here : )

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
I have no idea. Ive heard alot of different #s dont have a dyno and dont care to. Id say 250 @12 PSI not sure though. Derek claimed 285 at 10 i think i saw somewhere.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Woody The Wood Pecker got to my sled last night. put some Quick venting on because I dont like the way the intake sucks in warm air. Ill get some nice ones this summer.
sledventing005.jpg

also, Im just trying to get the air box to hold till summer. I like working on the sleds durring the summer and riding all winter. Here is Version 2.6:face-icon-small-hap
IMG00075.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
the venting turned out pretty nice for a simple setup.. should let LOTS more air out around the turbo.. heck, you have seen my side panel and I still get hot.. and my whole side of the sled is hacked open!!

lets hope all those welds hold up good for ya this weekend!! stoked to see this beast in action.

and as far as HP.. its one of those things.. its boost # and what it will and wont do on them. like mine. 10# is fast. 12# is sweet and 14# is somewhat unnecasary! 10 makes some hills a little challanging. 14# the track is my only limitation!

Premium Features