• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailing arm plastic ball joint

D
May 18, 2009
S.W. Colorado
I got all of the parts off. I am Having trouble trying to get the new plastic bearing over of the ball shaped sleeve that goes on the end of the bolt. anyone have any tricks or a process to make this happen

G

gogglefurnace

Dec 10, 2007
lava, idaho
ball joint

the ball and plastic is an assembly that is put together by the factory that circlips into the trailing arm. if it came apart it is bad. go get a new one.

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
If they pop off when out riding after hitting something you can usually either give the trailing arm a good kick or smack it with a log or something to pop it back on, but like others have said, if its apart its shot.

G

gogglefurnace

Dec 10, 2007
lava, idaho
field fix

If they pop off when out riding after hitting something you can usually either give the trailing arm a good kick or smack it with a log or something to pop it back on, but like others have said, if its apart its shot.

i agree. it's kinda like spraining your ankle, it will never be the same. good thing we can buy parts for our sleds cheaper than our bodies.

D
May 18, 2009
S.W. Colorado
Yea, I hit a tree and the trailing arm popped off. It damaged the Trailing arm mount, bolt, sleeve, and plastic bearing w/ c clip. I got all the new parts, and I am having trouble getting the plastic bearing over the globe shaped sleeve that goes onto the end of the bolt.

raptobob

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2008
Idaho
If you replaced the pivot bushing in the end of the trailing arm with a new one all you need to do is slide the bolt through into the mount. Throw away the ball looking sleeve piece...theres one inside the new one.

Premium Features