• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Power commander V install on a 975

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
just to let you guys know i am going to be installing a pc v on my 975 with autotune to see if i can get it to run better. i will take install/ wiring pics and make up some diagrams in case someone else wants to do it. i will be posting all the pics and info in this thread.

i have the wire diagram for the pc III usb and it is the same as the pc v. i installed a pc III on my brothers 9 and it works great. i hope the autotune works should make getting my 975 dialed in much easier.

Franz

Premium Member
Nov 11, 2008
Logan, UT
just to let you guys know i am going to be installing a pc v on my 975 with autotune to see if i can get it to run better. i will take install/ wiring pics and make up some diagrams in case someone else wants to do it. i will be posting all the pics and info in this thread.

i have the wire diagram for the pc III usb and it is the same as the pc v. i installed a pc III on my brothers 9 and it works great. i hope the autotune works should make getting my 975 dialed in much easier.

Damn, you don't mess around do you.. LOL. I guess if my sled tried to ruin a big trip I'd be doing something drastic too. Well maybe in the end you can find a little extra power by tuning for the exact conditions you ride in. Good luck with it.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Damn, you don't mess around do you.. LOL. I guess if my sled tried to ruin a big trip I'd be doing something drastic too. Well maybe in the end you can find a little extra power by tuning for the exact conditions you ride in. Good luck with it.

no i don't mess around. this sled is going to be all brand new by the time i get done :p:D

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
got started on the install, tore the tank off and ecu out and started inspecting everything. tested tp and it was testing good but i looked in the connector of the sensor and saw green corrosion on the signal pin. i then check the harness and there was more corrosion on the connector side. this might be my running bad problem. going to replace the sensor and harness again and put dielectric grease in all my electrical connections.

also going to add a couple of ground straps and test the stator tonight.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
BD,

What type/size of ground straps & where are you installing them?

Thanks,

akrevrider

i am using 2 10 gauge wires from engine to chassis in 2 spots with one going from the engine to the chassis where the wire harness grounds behind the secondary clutch. the other on the mag side from recoil housing to the chassis.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
update

Well i made some progress tonight. i got my adapter harness finished up so it will plug right into my injectors and all i have left is to install the tps wires and i am using a connector there too so i can just unplug this harness if i need to use it on another sled. here are some pics

i was lucky enuff to have an extra set of connectors off of the pc usb III i hardwired to my brothers 900. i used those connectors and a old harness to make the jumper wire harness. i think it turned out pretty good. now it will be plug and play.

WIRINGCHART2.jpg

resize200.jpg

resize203.jpg

resize205.jpg

resize208.jpg

resize209.jpg

Last edited:

Franz

Premium Member
Nov 11, 2008
Logan, UT
Nice Job! Polaris is gonna want you to come to work for them if you don't watch out.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Also what is nice with this set up is that i can unplug the power commander and then plug the harness ends together and it will run just off the ecu. wish i had a few more 08 and newer connectors i would make up a couple of harnesses for those who want to try it.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Nice work on the harness BD ! Dam I bet that was a fun project."SOME ASSEMBLY REQIURED "

Last edited:
B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Nice work on the harness BD ! Dam I bet that was a fun project."SOME ASSEMBLY REQIURED "

not bad, but time consuming. i worked 2 nights on it soldering and heat shrinking all the connections.

a person dosen't have to go to this extreme to put a pcv on their sled. I will post up some pics on where and how to wire it in if you don't want to make a harness. I just didn't want to cut into the harness because i may replace all my harnesses with new ones and didn't want to do this job again.

and yes "some assembly is required" :thumb::biggrin1:

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Extreme ? Not in my book I say thats doing it right!:nod:I hope it does the trick!If somone where to build Billet Big bore kits someday that type of thing would be really handy ;)

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
Extreme ? Not in my book I say thats doing it right!:nod:I hope it does the trick!If somone where to build Billet Big bore kits someday that type of thing would be really handy ;)

well if someone were to need some 975 cylinders to copy for these billet big bore kits they could give me a call :face-icon-small-hap ;)

Premium Features