• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I bought my first 3 sleds today! 2010 Nytro SE, 09 Nytro MTX, 08 Phazer MTX

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Congrats Christopher!! :face-icon-small-coo You're going to love it! I know my Bro's sled is comfy as heck (snocattin). They are a good reliable machine. :)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Got prices... go figure our GM would be proud of his stuff... $5200 for an '07 DEMO Phazer, and $7500 for an '08 Nytro.. I laughed myself all the way back to the service dept.

I'd pick them up from Rexburg, and bring them down here for service work ;), our mechanics will wrench circles around Rexburg's and best priced in the surrounding area.
THANKS FOR TRYING!!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Congrats Christopher!! :face-icon-small-coo You're going to love it! I know my Bro's sled is comfy as heck (snocattin). They are a good reliable machine. :)
I sure hope so!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
He he he.
How things do change...

1 sled became 2, and 2 sleds became 3!

Tonight I paid for my new sleds and I ended up with a 3rd tagalong coming home!

My Black 2010 Nytro SE 162 Turned BLUE on me!
snowmobile-2-525.jpg

My 2009 Nytro MTX 162 shrunk and became a 153
My mistake all along as they didn't make a 162 in 2009!!
2009_FXNytro_MTX_SlBk_3.jpg

But the big surprise was this little fella.
He decided to crawl into my trailer and come home with his big brothers.!

2008 Phazer MTX
4893381857.jpg

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Congrats on the sleds.
The sleds are the cheap part, it's all the extras that are going to get ya:D:beer;:beer;:beer;

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Congrats on the sleds.
The sleds are the cheap part, it's all the extras that are going to get ya:D:beer;:beer;:beer;
My Checking account is SMOKING right now from having everything I have saved over the last couple years SUCKED out of it!

I don't even want to think about Mods yet!!:D

S

scarlier

Dec 29, 2009
Sicamous, BC
suspension setup

Congrats Chris! You wont regret riding a Nytro. Just make sure you play with the suspension and get it setup for you....setup is KEY to enjoying your sled. I was ready to burn mine to the ground one day in the deep before I got it dialed in. After it was setup right I've loved it ever since.

i have bought a 2010 162 Nytro and would appreciate some tips on tuning the suspension for my weight. any tips would be helpful. i am approx 190lbs and mostly ride in the mountains. would like it set up for climbing mostly.
thx

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
i have bought a 2010 162 Nytro and would appreciate some tips on tuning the suspension for my weight. any tips would be helpful. i am approx 190lbs and mostly ride in the mountains. would like it set up for climbing mostly.
thx
Hope to take mine out for it's maiden voyage this weekend.
Don't have a clue about the new shocks or settings yet though.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
I don't think this ever got much circulation.
But the 2008 Nytro had a "light-weight" bulkhead on it.
And after Yamaha started getting some warrenty hits on it, they modified it for 2009 and "beefed" it up some to stand up better to abuse on the A-Arms.

Its not a huge deal.
But it was enough for me to not be willing to buy a new 2008 over the 2009, when one of my PRIME reasons for buying the Yamaha was DURABILITY to begin with.

In regards to the bulkhead issue, the 2010 subframe is beefed up some more over the 2009 and now costs only $371.38 as compared to the 09 which was $460. This "issue" would not stop me from buying an 08 if the price was right. All subframes are interchangeable.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
In regards to the bulkhead issue, the 2010 subframe is beefed up some more over the 2009 and now costs only $371.38 as compared to the 09 which was $460. This "issue" would not stop me from buying an 08 if the price was right. All subframes are interchangeable.
I hear ya.
Considering I just bought three sleds, I have been pretty deep into the market for the last couple months now looking HARD at prices. And I never saw the killer deal's on the 2008s that would justify the additional risk of bending a bulkhead from a his on the suspension.

Its NOT a huge deal, but it was enough for my Yamaha Technician, fresh back from a multi-week training at Yamaha to suggest to me that if I had the option between a 2009 and a 2008 model Nytro, that I would be better off choosing the 2009. So I did.

mcfly13

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
christopher
i hope to meet up with u this winter and ride
my family has a cabin on the north side of ip
curious to see how the yamies work

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
thx

The nice thing about the 2010 models is that you have a completely different rear suspension to work with than I had stock on my 08. For your ride, the air shocks are going to be your main adjustments. On my timbersled I run 145psi in the rear and 85psi in the front. The yamaha suspension is different and I have about 25lbs on you so those numbers might not work.

I really wish I could help you more, but I haven't played around with the new suspension. Keep an eye on this forum and I'm sure some people will chime in with some tips.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
christopher
i hope to meet up with u this winter and ride
my family has a cabin on the north side of ip
curious to see how the yamies work
You and me BOTH brother!!! ;)

I should be up there Friday and Saturday.
Thought i was going tomorrow, but I have a wedding to attend now.

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
My Checking account is SMOKING right now from having everything I have saved over the last couple years SUCKED out of it!

I don't even want to think about Mods yet!!:D

Mods?? I was thinking about the mods for 6 months before my sled finally arrived. Blow the smoke away and make that thing your own :D

Just giving you some, BTW. 3 sleds out of the checkbook, but lots of fun times ahead. Enjoy your sleddin' season. Enjoy :face-icon-small-coo

Scott

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
2010s are pretty good right out of the box. Only thing might be an OFT steering post relocate?!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Mods?? I was thinking about the mods for 6 months before my sled finally arrived. Blow the smoke away and make that thing your own :D

Just giving you some, BTW. 3 sleds out of the checkbook, but lots of fun times ahead. Enjoy your sleddin' season. Enjoy :face-icon-small-coo

Scott
I hear ya.
I already have a long list of mods on paper.
But there is just no way I can afford any of them after having just bought the sleds.
This season will have to be "Stock" only...;)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
2010s are pretty good right out of the box. Only thing might be an OFT steering post relocate?!!
That seems to be a pretty consistent comment I keep hearing. Guess I will find out this weekend!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Mods? Insert shameless plug here http://fourstrokesolutionsllc.com/ !
Seriously though, if your family is new to Yammy four strokes. You may want to get one at least for the Phazer, since they are very easy to lay over on their side (one of reasons they are fun to ride) and have the oil leak out.
GOOD FOR YOU!
I love to see an entrepreneur make a solid shameless plug for their creation once in a while.

Let me break this out into a new thread and see what other peeps have to say about it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I GOT MY SLED TONIGHT!!

What a great way to end the year.

For the very first time in my life, I OWN SLEDS!!!

Premium Features