• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Impulse turbo

W
Mar 25, 2009
Anyone having problems with water in electrical plugs causing sled to run on two cylders at low rpm and excesisive amount of oil purging from breather on canister:confused:

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Anyone having problems with water in electrical plugs causing sled to run on two cylders at low rpm and excesisive amount of oil purging from breather on canister:confused:

Well first, "water in plugs"? You need to unplug the wires and use an air compressor to blow any water or moisture out of the plugs Keep your sled inside a heated garage overnight. Then when you are sure the plugs are dry be sure to get some dielectric grease and cover all the plugs. and reinstall.
On the oil deal. Are you sure where the oil is coming from?? Have you tipped your sled? then you could have oil spilling out of the overflow- breather line. Check your oil level and make sure you are not over filled. Or another place to check is the elbow under the tank and see if you have oil dripping from there. The Nytro tanks are notorious for leaking.
Hope that helps..

W
Mar 25, 2009
On the oil deal, last weekend sled was never on its top and oil was coming out of the 5/8 hose on the canister enough to leave residue on the snow each time I stoped. I have put dielecltric in every plug on the sled still having problems towards the end of the day when the snow is deep. Thanks for the input

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Is the elbow under the tank dry? If the oil is coming from the top breather tube/over flow. Then I would check your oil level, If you have to much then it can spill into the breather tube.

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
After you clean the dip stick. You just set the dip stick just in the tank not screwed in while the sled is running and warmed up.

W
Mar 25, 2009
Thanks for the info. Off the subject what is the best clutching you have come across. I'm running 2860 @ 16 psi 162" challenger extreme and 450cc inj.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
What elevation are you running at and what clutching are you using? STM? SHOCKWAVE?
I have found the supreme tool and machine weights loaded to 76 grams works well with a cat green secondary spring and shockwave about 1.5 turns out or a 45 degree helix or 47. Im at sea level to 4k feet though.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
What elevation are you running at and what clutching are you using? STM? SHOCKWAVE?
I have found the supreme tool and machine weights loaded to 76 grams works well with a cat green secondary spring and shockwave about 1.5 turns out or a 45 degree helix or 47. Im at sea level to 4k feet though.

How much boost you running??

W
Mar 25, 2009
I'm running 16 psi @ 9000 to 11000 feet. I have SMT weights, 14.5 rollers and shockwave helix turned one rev out w/ cat green spring. Weights have 2 tungstens in the heel and two washers at the tip with green white green primary spring

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
might not be a bad idea to do a leak down test, excessive blow by would cause it to blow oil out the breather

W
Mar 25, 2009
Thanks for the info, have already done leak down test and figured out the problem. The oil breather was iced up and plugged off coming out of the canister.

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
I'm running 16 psi @ 9000 to 11000 feet. I have SMT weights, 14.5 rollers and shockwave helix turned one rev out w/ cat green spring. Weights have 2 tungstens in the heel and two washers at the tip with green white green primary spring

Where are you doing most of your riding?
I would think that is to much weight in the heel. which SMT's do you have?
There are a few different ones.. 55g or 60g aggressive or non aggressive
Your close though. I would go 1 tungsten with 3 washers. heel
1 washer in mid and 1 wash in the tip. But this will depend on what gram and profile your weights are!!!!!

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
I'm not sure what wieghts I have, there what Paul sent me with the kit. Riding at togowotee pass.

Can you see the imprint on the side of the weights?
I think Paul usually sends out the 55g See if you can see if it has an "E" on it?
Or is the weight hunched up in the back or is it smooth?
Either way The set up I told you earlier is was I use all over Wyoming.

Premium Features