• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Custom 975

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Here are some pics.... Let me know what you think.

102_1600.jpg

102_1603.jpg

102_1602.jpg

102_1601.jpg

102_1604.jpg

102_1605.jpg

102_1609.jpg

102_1612.jpg

102_1611.jpg

102_1613.jpg

102_1610.jpg

102_1614.jpg

102_1615.jpg

And here is how far I got after day 1. Put the skid in just for the purpose of the pic.

-Nolan

Nolan, That thing looks just great.:D:beer;:beer; I can't wait to see more, you gotta hurry up and get that thing done!:cool::cool:

Only one thing I have a question on.... I see you still have the Rider Select on there... I was under the impression that I was the only one in the entire world that still had one of those on the 900s :eek: lol. I am guessing you like the benefits of having the adjust-ability there as opposed to the locked down system also?

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Yes I love the adjustability. I was originally planning on going with the delete kit but I think I'll wait for this to go bad before I do that. So far its still solid. Just got to get it painted up along with the hood, and console.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Yes I love the adjustability. I was originally planning on going with the delete kit but I think I'll wait for this to go bad before I do that. So far its still solid. Just got to get it painted up along with the hood, and console.

Same here, mine is nice and solid also and I -really- like the idea of being able to set it back for sitting down on the trail ride to get to the good stuff.

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Ordered it in June....Still waiting. I am not very impressed with Carls at the moment. I was telling them since last September that I wanted one and they said they couldn't start on it til June. So I waited and put my order in in June and they said it would be done by Sept 1 at the latest. So Sept 1 came around and they said 3 weeks. 3 weeks later they said another 3 weeks. Its now Nov 6 and they said "2 weeks for the ECU".... Kinda ridiculous if you ask me. If they just would have said "Its going to be a while because "X" is going on. We should have it to you by Nov" Then it would have been alot easier to plan for.... Oh well, rant over.

-Nolan

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM

You guys do know my kits do have some adjustmet right! Its just not Push button adjustment like the stock junk. I liked mine too until it got loose thats why i made the adjustable although I have never moved it since.

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Polzinhunter,

Your kit is hands down amazing! Count me in for one as soon as my stock one goes. Nothing against your kit, I love it, but right now its hard to fix something thats not broke... But when it does you will be the first and only person I will run to!

-Nolan

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Received my engine in the mail friday. I was heading out to Minnesota to get a back stage tour of the Polaris factory so I didn't take time to go through all the boxes. One thing I did want to see though was one of the cylinders so I opened on of those boxes and almost killed someone! The cylinder skirt was broken right off!! Why ME!!! Anyways Im just chillin' here in Polaris country so I'll get back to the engine on monday...

F
Jan 14, 2009
All that time spent waiting for it and you get the engine and it's busted? Lame. I would be a little unhappy too. Hopefully you get it figured out quickly.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Received my engine in the mail friday. I was heading out to Minnesota to get a back stage tour of the Polaris factory so I didn't take time to go through all the boxes. One thing I did want to see though was one of the cylinders so I opened on of those boxes and almost killed someone! The cylinder skirt was broken right off!! Why ME!!! Anyways Im just chillin' here in Polaris country so I'll get back to the engine on monday...

I can't believe that, that's crazy...:mad:

on the other note... jealous you get to see the factory... that would be cool:D

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM

This is the one negative thing I could say about Carls . Their shipping dept. is clueless about packing things up. I bought a rebuilt engine from them the put it in a cardboard box with some paper padding. By the time it got to me the crank had punched about 6 or 8 holes in the box and was sticking out. I was not happy!

Premium Features