• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel pressure regulators..

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
not to knock you, but I've never understood why people want a gauge were you can't see it?

Make a extension so you can cut a hole in the plastic cowl and have the gauge visible to the rider?

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
not to knock you, but I've never understood why people want a gauge were you can't see it?

Make a extension so you can cut a hole in the plastic cowl and have the gauge visible to the rider?

Can't adjust it without lifting the hood, so why do you care if the gauge is external. Fuel pressure is based on the setpoint of the regulator. My $.02

Some of the Turbo Yami's have an external adjustment that is pretty cool....

Last edited:
H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com

Twisted kits have the fuel press reg on the bars, had some fuel pump problems last year and love this option:beer;

F
Dec 5, 2001
back country
Well, some of us run a mainjet in the fuel line to pull fuel at WFO. Helps to know how much fuel you are pulling...but the gauge needs to be downstream of the jet, and the jet needs to be close to the rail, to be very effective. Also, it hasn't happened to me, but what if the adjustment "wandered" (maybe you forgot the lock-nut)? But easy enough to put a gauge right there in the cowl, and a short hose to it from the adapter.

P
Nov 26, 2007
I could check into some short hoses with npt fittings and change the port to 90 degrees for a dash mount set up if anyones interested.

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
i have a question if the regulator is in the tank and you install a regulator downstream how do you ajust it up if you need to add fuel and if you pull fuel how does that work because to my understanding fuel pressure and fuel volume are two different things i have a regulator on mine and a friend asked me that question and i dont have an anwser

Premium Features