For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
karnedge is on a distinguished roadkarnedge is on a distinguished roadkarnedge is on a distinguished roadkarnedge is on a distinguished roadkarnedge is on a distinguished road
Default help junk the hac

trying to help a buddy out here..his wife rides a 98 670 sumt.. the hac is doing so strange crap..so we want to pull it..jet for where she rides and run it..but where do all the lines go? we pull the vac line but then it dont pull revs..anyone that can help..please

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Currently: Far from cheap, but really close to broke!
Basic Member
banditpowdercoat has a reputation beyond reputebanditpowdercoat has a reputation beyond reputebanditpowdercoat has a reputation beyond reputebanditpowdercoat has a reputation beyond reputebanditpowdercoat has a reputation beyond reputebanditpowdercoat has a reputation beyond reputebanditpowdercoat has a reputation beyond reputebanditpowdercoat has a reputation beyond reputebanditpowdercoat has a reputation beyond reputebanditpowdercoat has a reputation beyond reputebanditpowdercoat has a reputation beyond repute

you need to plug the vac line. remove the carb vent lines just have them drop besides the carbs like a NON HAC carb. AND then, rejet. HAC equiped sleds are jetted for -40, really fat.

BTW, If you wana get rid of the HAC, I may be interested.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Basic Member
Shylohdog is an unknown quantity at this point

I did it to a 97 Summit 500 and it made a huge difference. Just block the vac line and you are ready for jetting. Can't remember what I put in it but I am sure someone on here will know.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Basic Member
karnedge is on a distinguished roadkarnedge is on a distinguished roadkarnedge is on a distinguished roadkarnedge is on a distinguished roadkarnedge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat View Post
you need to plug the vac line. remove the carb vent lines just have them drop besides the carbs like a NON HAC carb. AND then, rejet. HAC equiped sleds are jetted for -40, really fat.

BTW, If you wana get rid of the HAC, I may be interested.
so both jets? mains and piolts are that fat? it has a rich bog from 1/4 to 1/2 ..allways has

Old 02-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Coldfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond repute
Default HAC calibration

There is a way to check the calibration on the HAC canister. This is considered a routine maintenance item per BING, the OEM.

Simply measure the the depth of the needle, in mm, then using your present altitude, barometric pressure and air temp, there is a chart that shows what the measurement should be.

If you need more info let me know. There is another thread or two here where I provided more info as well.