• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

fuel pressure

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
does anyone have a set up to test fuel pressure on 2013 pro rmk? it is a 900 big bore and i am randomly loosing power about 7200 rpm. new plugs, filter, egt sensor, cleaned exhaust valves, checked tps, new springs in clutch

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
I am not sure but I think I read on a thread here that on 13-15s you have to make a Tee fitting to go into line at the tank end and test at the Tee with your fuel pressure tester that goes on to the schrader fitting that you put on the Tee. I can't remember if the fitting on the tank top of my 11 and 12 has the schrader on it or not. I know that the 10 Dragon has the schrader on the tank top fitting or on the fuel rail because I have tested the pressure on that one.
gtwitch in wyoming

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Make one,,,

Put a gauge on this.... Make sure it is the right size though before buying it.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-961966erl

ear-961966erl_xl.jpg

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
AGAIN...CONFIRM that this is the size you need.

Should test pressure before the injectors.

Would be easiest to install a nice test port to screw into... and get a nice, but inexpensive gauge set with remote hose so you can read easily/accurately.

OTC 5630 Fuel Pressure Test Kit
by OTC
Link: http://a.co/hDJvUPe

5630_2027_0.jpg

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
I have a similar gauge to the one above and have done this test on the run/ride a few years ago on a 10 Dragon 800 and the pump was falling down below 50 psi but issue then became a filter and the machine is still running great and is a backup machine in our stable.
gtwitch in wyoming

Premium Features