• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Throttle Cable Icing Issues

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
I have had issues with my 2014 throttle cable icing on certain days where the powder is really spraying off the skis. Snow gets jammed in between the flipper and the cable sheath area. Sometimes the icing would cause the cable to stick and disconnect from the flipper. Really frustrating and a bit dangerous. This season I cut a really fancy piece of thin plastic and use a little silicone and a screw to hold it on. Then I bent it just a little for clearance of the throttle. Seems to do a good job of keeping this area clean and I haven't had the issue. I'm not sure I have ridden in the bad conditions to say it is a perfect fix, but thought I would share.

IMG_20180114_213230.jpg IMG_20180114_213259.jpg

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
You're right turning off the heaters does make a pretty big difference. My little shield helps, but does not cure the issue of building up. Turning off the heaters kept the snow from melting when it squeezed through the throttle flipper and into that area.

Premium Features