• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New to forum. DTS 129 possible this fall/winter.

B
Hello all,

After having been off motorcycles since 2009, when my first boy came, I got a new 2017 Beta 500 RR-S and have been loving it in the dirt/trails and then being able to go to work M-F for my 5 mile commute on small city streets.

I realized I have the perfect bike for the Camso DTS 129 conversion, 500 cc. power, 6 speed, hydraulic clutch, e-start, FI and 200W output with an already installed MotoMinded Baja Designs Squadron Pro LED headlight that is hella-bright. $4,800 and maybe the liquid heated bars and I'll put the DTS 129 on myself.

I had spent last night reading many of the first page worth of threads/posts and love what I see on here and that the DTS is a great system and even better for 2018. We have till the end of November to ride the legal trails and by mid December up in Vermont and NH where I usually snowmobile, the snow will come and I can ride.

Up until 2009 I had a CR500R, both an 1985 and a 1995-they were great bikes and I just trail rode them as I have never raced other than my buddies on the straightaways for fun.

I got a new 2004 Rev 500SS and it has almost 10,000 miles on it with a top end put on at about 6,000 miles in 2009 and with X-Shocks both front and back along with an Ice Ripper 1.25" track, it has been my trail beater for years.

Now that I'm keen on getting the Camso kit, I will read all I can on the install along with all the tips and tricks that I can learn from y'all.

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
Dts 129

Ben, welcome to the forum. If you haven't already, post your intro in the snowbike forum for more feedback. Yeah, that bike sounds like a great bike for a kit. Do you know how much hp it makes? How does it compare to the Cr500? Good luck.

B
Ben, welcome to the forum. If you haven't already, post your intro in the snowbike forum for more feedback. Yeah, that bike sounds like a great bike for a kit. Do you know how much hp it makes? How does it compare to the Cr500? Good luck.

I have seen a dyno chart where it shows the bike at 60-HP.

The 85 I had, no matter how I geared it, could not beat the 95 CR500R as the 95 had a different gearbox and was just faster overall. I think that the Beta 500 RR-S would run right with the 95 CR500R I had as it was just a totally stock bike save for some Boyesen reeds and a Pro Circuit pipe and stinger which probably didn't do all that much for more power at all

It is just that the 4-stroke pulls and puts almost all the traction to the ground whereas the 2-T would pull but also get a lot of wheelspin-just the nature of the different motors is all. I now much prefer the 4-T over the 2-T as the ability to be quiet and creep along at idle is so nice.

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
Thanks. I'm looking forward to this winter with a snowbike kit so I know I've found the right place. The amount of action on the forum is more than most any others I've been on.
....and we're just getting started! :)

Get's really active around here once the snow starts flying and piling up! :face-icon-small-coo

B
....and we're just getting started! :)

Get's really active around here once the snow starts flying and piling up! :face-icon-small-coo

Of course, people start crashing, stuff starts breaking/won't start . . .

I'm so glad that it is still dirtbike season until the snow flies. It is THE only training that is worthwhile for snowbiking-it just so happens.

I'll start getting happy when I put my order in for the track kit.

B
I'm finding out exactly how much I can get the DTS 129 kit and the wheel kit for today.

I was told it will take about 2 weeks for the kit to arrive so that would put me at Thanksgiving for going up and getting it from the dealer which is 25 miles north of me.

I asked my boy last night, who just learned how to ride the JR50, if he would like a new Yamaha Sno Scoot. He said no. Can he really be my kid?

No problem. No new sled for him means snowbike for dad.

B
Thanks again all.

My DTS 129 kit is at the dealer now and I'll be there at 9am tomorrow to pick it up and will uncrate it after work and start as much of the assembly as I can this weekend.

This forum has been indispensable so far and I'm looking forward to being a part of it for a while.

Premium Features