• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Brooks Lake Lodge - Special Management Area

jorgy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Iowa
Does anyone know much about this new area shown in the Togwotee area map just east of the lodge on Trial H? I was talking to someone from TML at Hay Days and they said it was totally BS how this was established and it's not enforceable. Any truth to this???

bcriderm8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2010
n/c Iowa
Talked to a forest service officer just last week near Togwotee about this. He really wasn't sure but said we were safw to get to Jules bowl and Austins peak. He was certain the area was fsrther east in Bonneville pass.

wyobob44

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2005
Sundance, WY

bcriderm8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2010
n/c Iowa
Can you still ride to Jules Bowl and Austins Peak?

Talked to a forest service officer just last week near Togwotee about this. He really wasn't sure but said we were safe to get to Jules bowl and Austins peak. He was certain the area was fsrther east in Bonneville pass.

Yes
There is a sign posted with a red slash through a snowmobile right as you enter the pass but the guy I talked to patrols Togwotee and the Jackson side of the hill. He said it was not off limits. In fact there were already tracks going right past that sign and all the way into the draw to get to Austins. That was New Years weekend.

jorgy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Iowa
This FS is trying to shut that area down. They're lying to you if they say otherwise!!! We figure the only reason it wasn't attempted this year is because of the fire and they got preoccupied. We were just there last week and I did not see the sign talked about, but we probably didn't come into that area through the conventional route.

jorgy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Iowa
No, the area I'm talking about is not closed, at least not yet. I'm talking about the H trail area that leads north and east of Brooks Lake Lodge. Jules Bowl/Austin Peak area.

KStrand

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2010
MN
I was just there last Wednesday, rode out to Jules and up to Austin peak and did not see any signs saying it was wilderness now and lots of tracks and people still going there.

jorgy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Iowa
Some friends were just up at Brooks Lake Lodge and there's now a big NO SNOWMOBILING sign on the H trail that leads to Jules Bowl!!! That sucks if it stays that way!

Premium Features