• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

garmin rino 24k / map areas question??

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello I just purchased a rino 650 and want to put topo 24k maps for Washington, Idaho mostly in it, I see you can buy a cd for Washington and Oregon and then another for Idaho, Montana and Wyoming.

Is there a link or place where I can purchased just the states I want separately or a good free download site I can get the detailed topo maps for just the individual states I want that have good mountain roads and trails that would be good for sledding?

Or can I purchase a Topo US map that I can transfer the area or states from that to my device? or would that not be as detailed?

Any info, advice or links would be appreciated.

I should be getting my 650 tomorrow or the next day and want to get good trail and mountain maps loaded in it and learn this device, I am excited its my first sledding GPS and with a radio too, Bonus.

We have always ridin with radions now this unit is hopefully gonna be pretty cool.

Thanks, Wildcard

Wildcard

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
I would get the 24k microSD cards from garmin. Mountain north will have WY, ID, and MT. Northwest will have WA and OR.

If you create an account with garmin, add the card to your cart, then log out... They'll send you an email saying "you left an item in your cart" etc.. And give you a discount code for 10% off....

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello, I just received my 650 today playin with it and starting to set it up for a few before headed to bed.

Like the Unit so far Its light, easy to read, and Touch screen works great so far and pretty user friendly to figure out so far haven`t opened the user manual and already getting a hang of it course I watch a lot of vids from gpscity.com on youtube that explains a lot and breaks a lot down pretty easy.

Also purchased, Topo 24k Mountain north. ID, MT and WY areas on Ebay /New free shipping, 69.99

and Topo 24k West. Wa and OR Ebay also $59.99 free shipping

All on SD card and New.

Does the 650 have options in the unit to download one or both of these maps from the micro sd to the unit all on its memory? then select what areas you want form the maps option page?

Will keep ya posted on how it goes, just starting to get some better snowfall around here Pray it keeps up for some good rides and really want to start using the tracking option so I can make my own type trails and routes

Would love to hear all you guys feedback and tips and info on your experiences with this software maps and the unit

Thanks, Wildcard

Last edited:

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
There are other ways to get the topo 24k maps without paying for them, I have a cracked copy that has WA, OR, NV, and CA. Just have to find the one with ID now.

The only maps I have paid for on mine is the birdseye imagery.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
There are other ways to get the topo 24k maps without paying for them, I have a cracked copy that has WA, OR, NV, and CA. Just have to find the one with ID now.

The only maps I have paid for on mine is the birdseye imagery.

Cool, I would like to do that, do you have any links to where you got yours?

and how do you get them on the device?

Thanks, Wildcard

Premium Features