• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1100T driveline upgrades and then some?

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
So... I'm in the process of installing my Bellanger JS, Bellanger heat shield and OSP engine snubber and JS support. I can see I already have to take some material of the three structural supports on the JS support. Should the heat shield go on after? I don't think I'll be able to get at the bolts if I put the support over the shield. And what about the engine support? I'm confident I'll have it figured out in the end. Its just nice to know what works and what doesn't before I make a mess trying to figure it out on my own. Thanks, Ben.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Woody at Mt Baker Motorsports did my set up. It was quite a bit of work and machining to get the JS support and snubber to work. Contact him, he is really good with 1100T stuff.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Yes

Looks like alot of "fine tuning" too make it fit. My OSP manual chain tensioner caused me a little greif when I went to put the cover back on the chaincase and it wouldn't seal. But it all worked out. I was hoping someone who has installed these items with their own eyes and hands could chime in. Or post a link to some more detailed info. Thanks.

C

catf1000s/p

Dec 30, 2011
So... I'm in the process of installing my Bellanger JS, Bellanger heat shield and OSP engine snubber and JS support. I can see I already have to take some material of the three structural supports on the JS support. Should the heat shield go on after? I don't think I'll be able to get at the bolts if I put the support over the shield. And what about the engine support? I'm confident I'll have it figured out in the end. Its just nice to know what works and what doesn't before I make a mess trying to figure it out on my own. Thanks, Ben.
the heat shield has to be cut out for those OSP mounts, if you have a set up to where the motor still moves, the heat shield stays in one spot so you must trim where needed to keep things moving that have to move.
a metal dremel cutting tool works great after you mark out what needs to be cut.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
And if I remember I think Woody had called me lol. If you do a search I'm pretty sure I posted pics when I did mine Bendy, and it was all the same stuff. If you can't find it email me and I'll get some pics to you. I don't remember if you have a Team clutch but if you do there can be clearance issues on the enclosed OSP js brace. That is in my pics as well.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Yes...

I do remember those images and that thread. I just don't recall seeing the heat shield. I'll look for it. The thing I really dislike is removing primary clutches. You always hear the horror stories of damaged crank threads etc. I've always had great luck with teflon tape and water. Using the PTO bolt with an impact wrench using hydraulic pressure to remove the clutch. Would this work on this engine? What size is the inverted torx head on the clutch bolt?

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Found the post with the pics.

I have the gears etc out of the chaincase and the snap-ring out of the TCL. How do I remove the JS? I thought driving it out with a dead blow hammer would work, but if I hit it any harder I'm affraid I'll break something. I hope I don't have to remove the TCL support or the inside half of the chaincase. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ben. PS, does anyone know what size of Torx the crank bolt is? I need to buy one. Thanks.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Got it

OSP has a vid on their website showing removal and installation of the Jackshaft. They just pound it out like I was trying. I guess I need to put the dead blow hammer away and use a drift and a hammer. Thanks for the help SW.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006

Here is the 2012 Race Manual. Hope this helps.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1f2wc1cp2vljxse/manual.pdf

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Thanks

Yeah... its in there good! That threaded bearing sleeve was spinning when it was all locked together? Maybe that spacer is welded to the shaft? Gotta figure something out. I can't hit it any harder. I'll check that PDF file.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Looks like...

the TCL bracket has to come out with the shaft! More parts to disassemble including the OSP JS support thats so nicely installed. OSP sure made it look easy. Just pounding out the works. Not on this one if I want to keep my chaincase and TCL bracket intact.

Premium Features