• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m800 vs m1100Turbo

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
OK, no worries about the weight then...........

The 1,100 turbo wins by a landslide. They have 50 to 75 more hp. at ten thousand feet. Stock!
I should probably say a few other good things about the four stroke. It's quiet, electric start. It just purrs along so sweet. And what a smooth ride.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I like the 1100 as well. A lot more hp in stock form even over the 800 unless you are riding at sea level.

The 4 stroke is also super quiet I stock form.

The 1100 can be reflashed if you want more hp. You can make 35 more hp for $900. That would be an exhaust and a remap.

The trck speed on the 1100 even stock is fun.

Electric start is super nice.

No need to add oil every ride.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Sorry dude, this has been beat to death in the last 2 years. Just like my hoarse voice after 3 days of sled show from yaping all day I have hoarse typing about 1100 and 800 comparisons. There is tons of threads comparing the two and the only thing that is ever said negatively about the 1100 is weight difference. If you don't care about that I don't see any reason why you would buy an 800.

......then all the 2s advocates will ask why wouldn't you care about the weight so you'll have to come up with your very convincing reasons and hopefully you will live to see tomorrow if they are good enough lol.

B
Jan 25, 2010
Ronald Washington
I think I have asked this before but... whats the trurbo set up like stock??? who makes it and how many pounds of boost and can you change the boost levels???? and how reliable is this sled engine wise and blowing belts and the turbo... just pretty much what are the flaws of this sled

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
questions...

The stock turbo is an IHI. I've never ridden mine stock, so I can't comment about stock boost. It isn't adjustable unless you put a piggyback controller on, but I would recommend at minimum an EVO reflash, exhaust, and cold air intake to get the most bang for your buck. The 1100T engine is very strong - haven't heard of any failures... as far as belt blowing - if your sled's clutches are aligned properly, you are vented properly, and use some sort of exhaust wrap, you should be fine, as the 2014's have had clutching improvements, and I'm willing to bet quality control will be under scrutiny after the hit/miss of the 2012's (and some 13's). If you are planning to build the sled up to the 250+ hp mark, I strongly suggest looking at a bunch of goodies offered by Evolution Powersports - from my experience it makes the sled a whole new animal. My '13 M1100T with Evo's Big Chute turbo and other accessories has bee the best sled I've ever ridden. No tuning, just turn the key, hit the gas, and hang on for dear life lol.

M
Nov 16, 2009
last year i parted with my M1000 and got an 1100 turbo. After 450 miles I put on a straight pipe and had a Turbo Dynamics program installed. it has 4 power settings from 230 HP all the way to 280 HP!! All I can say is WOW. Talk about impressive!! I mostly run the 230 hp setting as all other settings are NUTS (in a good way)! Mileage is also impressive. Electric start is the only way to go.
Drawbacks? It does weight a few pounds so get into game shape to throw it around. Also add a set of Slydogs to get rid of the diving it will do at the front end in deep snow at slow speeds, or when you let off the throttle. The rest is all good!:face-icon-small-coo

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Maybe at sea level...

did not know you could get 280 h.p. out of stock turbo ???
I suspect at altitude you won't, other then a few dyno pulls. Charge temps would be way high, fuel would be a concern, too. I'm no expert, but I've seen lots of Boondocker 2.0 boxes that were set at max that were no where near the Big Chute 250 kit I ran last season. BTW, to the fellow running the TD flash, you had better get head studs installed in your stock motor if you are running much more then 215 hp.

M
Nov 16, 2009
haven't had any proplems with head studs unless you're running over 260HP continuously. guys here are running 230HP with no problems so far:face-icon-small-coo

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I've run over 220hp without head studs, but would highly discourage it. You know the old saying... An once of prevention...

Premium Features