• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Guidoxpress 05 RMK 900 Build!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Are you running 080 or 1111 belts Sean? if not, just in case you didn't know, the 1115 belt is machined surface, washing it doesn't do anything.

running 115 belts, and you are WAY wrong...belt washing is a MUST...you need to scrub the belts with soft bristel brush, i use copper brushes...

just like you need to clean NEW belts, they have a protective grease on them to prevent rotting and rubber breakdown...

should i balance my clutches? run avgas or race fuel? always gonna be a debate, but belt washing is a MUST!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
running 115 belts, and you are WAY wroung...belt washing is a MUST...you need to scrub the belts with soft bristel brush, i use copper brushes...

just like you need to clean NEW belts, they have a protective grease on them to prevent rotting and rubber breakdown...

should i balance my clutches? run avgas or race fuel? always gonna be a debate, but belt washing is a MUST!!!!!!!!!!

Not on the 1115, it is a machined surface and they absolutely positively do no put grease on it. The 080 and 1111 belt are molded belts and have Mold release on them and it is recommended to wash these belts.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
well after some issues with my head studs, ive decided to take out the 975 top end and put on the stock 900 cylinders/pistons/head/ECU. FOR NOW...will work on my issue and try the 975 again when i am in Alaska...I REALLY LOVE THE POWER!

long story short, i have headstuds installed in the cylnders to head keep the head down under the increased compression and HP. But after the first ride, 1 stud came loose, fixed it, came loose again, had to get threaded inserts installed cause the threading on these 900 cyl SUCK, a different head stud came loose and pulled the instert out...

so, that clyinder (MAG) is basically junk cause the jacked up thread holes. got another cylinder from Z-Man to use, so will work with that in the meantime and go from there. (HUGE THANKS)

got 350 miles on the motor and when i wasnt have head stud issues, it was SICK, loved the power.

got a SMOKIN deal on a set of used 05 900 cylinders from Jerseyrider on the forum (HUGE THANKS) so i will use these for the stock 900 motor until i work something else.

PLUS...we 975 owners are having issues getting the 975 pistons as well, Carls kicked us to the curb and will not help anymore, so have to get 12 pistons at a time from Weisco ($225 each BTW)...so that is also a factor for me right now.

but overall, this sled looks, and rides SICK!

Premium Features