• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

terrible 800 fouling at low rpms

F
Dec 3, 2011
Wisconsin
05 rmk 151 800 slp performance edition porting, pipe, head, air box. I have been trying to find the problem with this sled for over a month now and starting to think either fuel pump, oil or electrical. Sled starts and idles great and runs good wot. Its loading up a little while at idle and worst very bad while running 3-5000 rpm. I have checked comprsion 145 both sides exhaust vales are clean and no holes in bellows all new clutch springs and belt. I have went throught the 800 carbs many times with no change in how it ran so I put my 05 700 carbs on keeping every thing the same in the 700 carbs other than NEW 500 main jets. Sled still will run great when it comes out of the rich plug fouling condition but when idling around the plugs are really wet not dark oil fouled. When running hard and keeping the r's up and not letting it idle or run under 5000 rpm the plugs look great nice brown color only if the sled idles or puttsing around will it start to foul plugs both sides. Most the time you can work the throttle and it will clean up but I just cant find the problem. running 500 mains 45 pilots and 140 starter with needle in #3 at 500'. Sled has had to stay home on both trips out west this year because of this problem and would like to take it on the last trip of the year friday to the snowies so any help would be great thanks:frusty:

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
What are your fuel and air screws at? For a reference, my air's are about 3/4 turn out, fuels ~2.0 turns out.
You can try going to #2 needle clip position.

Premium Features