• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2004 Pro-x 600 low end bog

motocrazy2006

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Williamsburg, Iowa
Have an 04 x2 600. Slp can intake. Has 440 mains. Noticed after I bought it in some hay field hot laps. Seemed to lack a bit off the bottom. So figured it was the weather. Did modify tye shelf by drilling 4-1"holes below the intake hole for extra air.

Well now that we have snow and its cold out about 5*... sled still seems like it doesn't want to pull off the bottom.

Ive cleaned the carbs, twice now. Went in 1/4 turn on the fuel screw and still doesn't seem right. Seems to run ok mid and top but off idle seems to lack and at times doesn't seem like it wants to idle. Ive tried key in reg and premium. Always run 91 octane in it.

Even put sled on stand today and same thing.

Am I missing something here? Do I jeed to drop main jet to like a 420? @ about 800ft elevation...... Is my air screw way off? Pilot jet need changed believed they were a 140, is thst correct? Do I need to raise the needle clip? Or am I missing something here means it doesn't want to idle at times? First thought maybe it was a ves valve but thst would sacrifce top end if they werent openijg. I'm getting stumped. Finally got the snow Nd trip planned next week. Running out of time.

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
If the spark plugs are the proper color, light tan, then a good look at the clutches and drive train will be in order. Just another avenue that effects the pull off the bottom. 550iq

Premium Features