• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Premix

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
My motor is apart, started thinking maybe just ditch that big oil tank and run premix. So long as I drill the case, and watch the jetting (I know oil displaces fuel in the jets, so premix effectively dilutes the fuel=slightly leaner AFR), seems like an easy way to drop a couple pounds and open up the underhood area.

Anyone have concrete thoughts? Aside from the slight inconvenience of having to mix in the fuel.

I have twins and a head, but not a big mod motor. I know lots of guys like this mod on the Cat laydown motors. Just seems like most Poo guys don't post about this topic.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Yes you will need to drill your case make sure you come out where you need to a die grinder can be helpfull also make sure you build a resavour pocket for oil to collect in to feed that hole. I had plugged the old brass oil ports as will (small rubber caps with a tie wrap)I premix all my motors and dont mind a bit and i never worry about the ioler failing or the cable fraying Plus the weight savings.

Premium Features