• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 CFI swap into 2004 ProXR chassis

F
Feb 10, 2012
Hoping maybe someone has done this, if not at least some direction would be appreciated.

I have a '08 800 CFI complete with all peripherals including gauges that I plan to drop into my 800 ProXR. Planning the mountain tek fix before I install the new engine. I also plan to stretch it to 144" with a backcountry 1-3/4" track and tracks USA extensions.

Looking for advice on two things:

1. Clutching and gearing for this sled as a starting point; I am thinking pretty close to a 144 IQ with same engine

2. What pipe should I be trying to run with this? I still have my stock 800 VES pipe which would be easiest to fit in the chassis but not sure if it's free flowing enough.

The sled is currently stock other than gutted airbox and slp flo-rites and intake and some clutching. Mostly off trail riding at low elevations 0-2500. I don't want anything too nutty, but want to get into an EFI and something I can take to the mountains once in a while.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Premium Features