• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

polaris BB water pump belt..Please Read !!!

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
You have to go through a Gates "Industial" dealer, napa doesn't carry it because they don't carry the industrial line. I got some through BC Bearing, they are the closest dealer to me that carries them, just track down whoever carries the Gates industrial line in Alberta. Should also say the #'s do work, the local shop ended up getting them out of Ontario for me.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Ok cool, thanks.

I just spoke to Fort Garry Industries and they are calling to see if they can get access to the industrial line of belts, they said the part# is good just depends on access.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Sorry I said Alberta, I just realized your in Saskachewan (SP?) like they say easy to draw, hard to spell

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Yes those are the ones, damn those are cheap, $6.69 and polaris wants $60+ in Canada :face-icon-small-con Builtit I was I Lloydminster about a year ago, I was visiting friends in alberta about an hour from the border, we were out for a drive seeing the sights and they said where do you want to go? I said take me to sask. I was born there, moved out to BC when I was about 10, and haven't been back since. So they drove me through that intersection where the border is with the big towers. Man it sure is flat back there.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Thats pretty cool. It is flat even for a sask born and raised like myself but i come from the northern bush. There are no trees here, its strange.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Looks like i finally found a local company that can order me gates industrial belts, Woohoo! Have 3 coming from Ontario, should be here next week.

So is there sort of a mileage amount when these belts fail or not really? I have just over 1000 miles on my sled so i figure i should change it before it fails but curious how long they last.

T
Nov 1, 2011
P'Tucky
Does anyone have an extra one or two they want to sell. I had some ordered through Napa.com, hadn't heard a peep after eight days, emailed them and they said they can't get them and cancelled the order (so when were you going to let me in on that?!). My Napa parts guy called Gates and they are on backorder for at least three weeks.

Wonder how long duct tape would hold:lol:

2Quickrides

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2012
Edmonton
Where did you get them from?

Looks like i finally found a local company that can order me gates industrial belts, Woohoo! Have 3 coming from Ontario, should be here next week.

So is there sort of a mileage amount when these belts fail or not really? I have just over 1000 miles on my sled so i figure i should change it before it fails but curious how long they last.

O
Oct 11, 2010
PUMP BELT

Where did you get them from?

I change them out every other year or around 2000-2500 miles --- which ever comes first. The new Gates belt is much stronger than the Poo belt. Check your pump shaft for any play in the bearing while you are at it. Also, drill a hole (1/2") on top of the recoil housing between your oil pump and drive pulley so you can see into it for a quick check on the belt without pulling the cover. Tip -- duct tape is very close to the alum cover in color -- a small pc. will keep the water out and nobody will ever notice it. Good riding!!

Premium Features