• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shocks for Holz rear suspension??

T
Jan 20, 2011
Cle Elum, Wa
About to throw holz suspension on my 162 rails. It currently has fox zero pros, but I have a chance to get some fox floats for a real good deal. Is there a noticeable ride difference? Worth a little more money? Also, need tips on running slp competition twin pipes. I've heard they're super temperamental compared to a single, but have also heard that I just need to get the cdi remapped if I run them. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Put a holtzman ATACC in, gets rid of re-jetting and helps with the finicky-ness of twins.

I have a D&R, 159x2.25 track, SLP twin ceramic coated pipes, all of SLP's intake kits and torque stops and ATACC.

I have gone from 2200' to 7400' without re-jetting and it ran great. I also run dalton adj. weights but thats only if you will be riding at significantly different altitudes.

I run 63.3g for the mountains and 69.5 at 2200'.

What track are you going to run? I am not even sure what mine is but i want to step up to a 163x2.5 challenger extreme, seems to be the track that works these days.

Last edited:

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
I have the SLP race pipes on my sled, to the best of my knowledge the CDI was never reprogrammed. I don't feel the pipes are finicky. I mean sure at the right altitude/temperature it will run better than if I'm way high but its not like it bogs or won't hit RPM. The ATACC sounds nice I've just never felt I needed it.

Best advice I have is watch for deto closely using the twins and stock head. I now run an SLP head and don't have an issue with deto at all using 91 non-ethanol fuel.

My jetting is 310 mains, stock 04' needles and needle jets in #2 position with the thin shin under the clip, and adjust low speed circuit so there is no hanging idle but still good throttle response. This produced plug readings and wash slightly on the safe side between 9000'-11,000' at about 15*F, runs hard. Pulls 10-60 weights and 64-40-36 helix even with the 174" track.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Re: floats on holz skid

X2 on the question about the fox floats.
I have run the earlier versions (not Alpha X) holz suspension front & rear on a 2004 & 2005 Summit X (REV) chassis, and again on my 2007 M1000 mod. I had fox floats (evol X) in the skidframe, and was never happy with the skid until I had a custom set of coil over zero pros made by H2R to Holz specs. The floats work ok, but the coilover is far superior if valved and sprung for your rider weight IMHO.
***BTW, I had the floats revalved 3 times in an effort to make them more bump compliant and get rid of the "sag" and lack of rebound damping - they never once lasted an entire season.***

Premium Features