• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

30th Anniversry

C
Jan 15, 2009
Colorado Springs
Hello Ladies,

I figured I would reach out to the smart ones on Snowest to seek guidance...!

This March my bride and I will celebrate our 30th anniversary. She enjoys sledding as much as I do. We never go unless the other is in trail. I figured I might surprise her by setting up a weekend stay at one of the local snowmobile resorts in Colorado.

We moved to Colorado Springs a few years ago and we have never been to any of the resorts.

I have looked at a few on the internet but would truly appreciate your input. Just so you know, we are not expert sledders, yet, but enjoy a little of everything.

Also, I am currently considering Electric Mountain Lodge, Arrow Head (I think that is the name), and Togwotee Mountain Lodge.

I would prefer to stay in Colorado for obvious reasons but I want her to enjoy the surroundings, the riding and the accommodations. Rustic is not a problem with her.

I appreciate your thoughts and your comments. Maybe a diamond ring instead? Speak freely. As a retired Marine you won’t hurt my feelings...

Chaos

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
Electric Mountain Lodge is a sled in and ride around resort. Restaurant, bar, and cabins.
http://www.electricmountainlodge.com/
Thunder Mtn Lodge also is a great place you can drive to it but ride out of it off the Grand Mesa, they have a restaurant, bar, hot tub and cabins also.
http://www.thundermountainlodge.net

Hopefully we get more snow or March may be to late ;) I am kidding, you should have snow either place!!!

C
Jan 15, 2009
Colorado Springs
L2R and Diamond,

Have you ever been to either location and if so, what would you rate #1 based on your perceptions and which would align best to such an event.

Diamond,

What is a "vow"? Kidding of course, just making a man joke. Forgive me...

Thanks for the inputs thus far.

Chaos.

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
I have been to both locations. I would say depends on what you want. If you want to ride into the lodge then Electric Mountain Lodge. If you want to drive into the lodge then Thunder Mountain Lodge. Thunder Mountain has a fire place in the lobby, and they have a covered outdoor hottub. Electric Mountain Lodge does not have either. Mark, Jini and Casey at TML are doing a good job at getting it fixed up and making sure your stay is a good one. EML has a couple new cabins which looked nice as well. Like I said, take a look at the web pages and it all depends on what you are wanting. Riding from TML is great, our cabin is with in 2 miles and I love the varity of riding from there. We also can ride over to EML (40 miles) from TML, with tons of great play areas!!! I am not sure of the play areas around EML besides between TML and EML...haha

D
Mar 24, 2008
Oregon
I've only rode in Oregon and Alaska as a kid but both places look like great choices to celebrate in whatever way you want! Hope you have a blast, vow or no vow.:beer;

L2R and Diamond,

Have you ever been to either location and if so, what would you rate #1 based on your perceptions and which would align best to such an event.

Diamond,

What is a "vow"? Kidding of course, just making a man joke. Forgive me...

Thanks for the inputs thus far.

Chaos.

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
Hello Ladies,

I figured I would reach out to the smart ones on Snowest to seek guidance...!

This March my bride and I will celebrate our 30th anniversary. She enjoys sledding as much as I do. We never go unless the other is in trail. I figured I might surprise her by setting up a weekend stay at one of the local snowmobile resorts in Colorado.

We moved to Colorado Springs a few years ago and we have never been to any of the resorts.

I have looked at a few on the internet but would truly appreciate your input. Just so you know, we are not expert sledders, yet, but enjoy a little of everything.

Also, I am currently considering Electric Mountain Lodge, Arrow Head (I think that is the name), and Togwotee Mountain Lodge.

I would prefer to stay in Colorado for obvious reasons but I want her to enjoy the surroundings, the riding and the accommodations. Rustic is not a problem with her.

I appreciate your thoughts and your comments. Maybe a diamond ring instead? Speak freely. As a retired Marine you won’t hurt my feelings...

Chaos

Wow! What a guy!! I hope that other guys that are "lurking" on here learns something from what you are doing. You are a guy who knows how to take care of his wife on a special occasion.

30 years is A LOT to be proud of in this day and age. Congratulations to you both!!

C
Jan 15, 2009
Colorado Springs
AKS,

I like you already...! Seriously, always nice to hear a compliment like yours. Sure hope my bride will think the same as you. As I think she almost enjoys the sport more then me I hope this one was a no brainer. I guess we could have gone to Alaska on a cruise or Mexico to some beach, but I think she enjoys sledding more; thank goodness, I hate beaches, most of the time, but especially when there is snow on the ground.

Hoping to hear back from TML soon, wrote a few emails asking for information but nothing yet, must be busy or else my emails are going into some electronic void, or they don't want my business.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words, it is appreciated.

Chaos

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
AKS,

I like you already...! Seriously, always nice to hear a compliment like yours. Sure hope my bride will think the same as you. As I think she almost enjoys the sport more then me I hope this one was a no brainer. I guess we could have gone to Alaska on a cruise or Mexico to some beach, but I think she enjoys sledding more; thank goodness, I hate beaches, most of the time, but especially when there is snow on the ground.

Hoping to hear back from TML soon, wrote a few emails asking for information but nothing yet, must be busy or else my emails are going into some electronic void, or they don't want my business.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words, it is appreciated.

Chaos

You are very welcome! A good man should hear it and hear it often! :) You could always plan a trip to Alaska in the winter -:D we have plenty of great Alaskan SWsters on here that will show you and your wife an awesome snowmachine of a time ;) Otherwise definitely a summer trip up here should be on your list of places to see! Let me know I'd be happy to help you plan on places to see and things to do. I work at the Univ of Alaska Anchorage turning the residence halls into a hotel like operation in the summer so I could help you out on your lodging and quite inexpensive too. We reserve to individuals, groups, couples, you name it we reserve it. :) Dash, another SWster, gives Alaskan Tours too - she'd be a great one to contact too. :)

Good luck on hearing back from the lodge there in CO. I would call if you don't hear back from them today. IMO.

Cheers! :beer;

C
Jan 15, 2009
Colorado Springs
I thought for sure I would get some great input focused on a 30th wedding anniversary this coming March! So far I have it isolated to Thunder Mountain Lodge but after roughly six emails to them over the last month, requesting additional information, the best I can get is "we are having technical issues"... Funny but I see his postings on Snowest regarding riding. Good, bad, right or wrong.

Anyway, after a lack of response from TML, I am open to other suggestions. Has anyone been toTogwotee Mountain Lodge? I have also heard that is comparable.

The "bride" loves riding and I am just looking for a few suggestions.

Thank you in advance.

Chaos

P
Dec 7, 2007
Mill Creek, WA
Mad props to you for the efforts. If TML is the place you want to go, can you call them?

i found this:

http://www.sprucelodgecolorado.com/

Apparently, they used to be called Spruce lodge, and have changed their name with the new ownership.

Call 1-877-470-6548 for Reservations
(Great deals for Snowest members)

I'm assuming this is the place you are referring too, they reference 'the Mesa'. I dunno, but thought I'd try and help.

PE

C
Jan 15, 2009
Colorado Springs
Polar,

Thanks much for your information. Believe it or not I am still hoping for TML. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

By the way, being an old fart, what are "Mad Props"; good or bad:)

Be careful out there if you are riding this weekend.

Chaos

P
Dec 7, 2007
Mill Creek, WA
Chaos,

Sorry, a bit of the local youth slang crept into my vocabulary with the 'mad props' comment. "mad props" is intended to be 'very good'.

'Kudos' or 'way-to-go' might remove the slang and make my comments easier to interpret.

Did that e-mail and/or phone number help you at all?

I think it's cool how you still refer to your wife as your 'bride'. My bride and I have only been married for 3 1/2 years, but I like to refer to her as my bride, I think she likes it. (I got that advice from a great man, a couple generations older than I, a few years back)

Please post up if you have success making contact, and how well they treat you.

PE

Last edited:

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
I think it's wonderful what you are setting up! :) And yes, other guys could learn something from reading this.

I'm sure this is exactly the sort of thing that has built such a strong bond between you and your bride, and in having 30 years of happiness together.

I don't know anything about any of those places, thus my hesitation at posting to this thread. A week-end stay at a resort to relax and enjoy each other......and some great riding........I can't think of anything better. :)

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
I think it's wonderful what you are setting up! :) And yes, other guys could learn something from reading this.

I'm sure this is exactly the sort of thing that has built such a strong bond between you and your bride, and in having 30 years of happiness together.

I don't know anything about any of those places, thus my hesitation at posting to this thread. A week-end stay at a resort to relax and enjoy each other......and some great riding........I can't think of anything better. :)

I agree with every thing that catwomen is say congrats and hope everything works out great!!!!

S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
Good on ya for planning such an awesome celebration!!

I've not been to the Colorado resorts... but my hubby and I stayed in Togwotee over the holidays - you have many choices for lodging - cabin with or w/out a fireplace, or stay in the lodge. Nice restraunt and bar, and welcoming common area with huge fireplace. The have a pretty well-stocked store with all sorts of sledding goodies in case you forgot something, something breaks, or you just wanna spend $$ While we did not take advantage of the huge trail system, I'm told it's hundreds of miles.... awesome fun places off trail, too (to which I can attest). Also, you can arrange for a guide who will tailor the day to your riding level (extreme, off-trail, all the way to two-up trail rides). Jackson Hole is only about an hour away, so if you wanna spend a day doing something other than sledding, an excellent option.

Happy Anniversary!

Premium Features