• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

powderlites exhaust turnout?

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
Has anyone come up with a good idea for a turnout for the muffler? I thought about having someone make a good polished aluminum turnout and then cutting the rolled edge off, slipping the turnout on and putting 3 or 4 rivits in it. Not sure who could make the turnout, but someone ought to be able to do it

Any ideas would be appreciated.

M
Nov 26, 2007
W. WA
I'll be making a tunnel dump, matching Dave's specs on the double-divorced downpipe, that will eliminate that issue...much like Chad at CR did for the Mitsu/MCX install. CR tunnel Dump

Surprised there is no kit available yet.

With enough interest I'm sure a kit would be workable...if you'd be interested let me know.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
heres chads on my sled which is a MCX kit....
P1010509-1.jpg
[/IMG]

M
Nov 26, 2007
W. WA
Nice pic Thistle...

Actually, the tunnel exhaust (as long as it's directed forward as in the pic) is quieter than the muffled exhaust out the back...particularly under load/boost)...albeit in mountain/deeper snow. Not sure how much louder a tunnel exhaust would be on an icy trail...I doubt much louder.

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
Nice pic Thistle...

Actually, the tunnel exhaust (as long as it's directed forward as in the pic) is quieter than the muffled exhaust out the back...particularly under load/boost)...albeit in mountain/deeper snow. Not sure how much louder a tunnel exhaust would be on an icy trail...I doubt much louder.

I am waiting for you to fab it up i want this but sure would like to muff it to

M
Nov 26, 2007
W. WA
Yeah - I agree...I expect it will be tough to muffle considering the length of the 'downpipe' with the double outfall...I don't expect there to be enough run left before the bulkhead to quiet it down much...we'll see.

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
I had plenty O noise with the apex I guess in my old age I dont want to liste to it anymore I liked the MOB ride was not super silent but it was about perfect. I like the thought of no tail pipe for the seat storage and a gas can as long as it has the lid on it:eek: that Thistle and Murry worked out.

Premium Features