• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

nytro RTX rear shocks bottom out

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
are you talking rtx (shorty with floats), or mtx (153 mountain sled)? big difference. the mountain sled is sprung very soft, apex mtx springs are a nice upgrade, and help with the bottoming.

on the shorty, turn up your preloads on the springs and up your compression dampening clickers on your shocks.

for both sleds you can add over load rollers. yamaha had them stock on the 05 vector. they site behind where the spring slide is on the rail and make the spring work harder sooner by placement on the rail. ski

R
Dec 17, 2007
valving

I have been there if you are a hard rider revalving works for the first couple rides but the small body shocks with small valves and little fluid volume will fade again quickly. There are 2 answers Ohlins for supper hard core and fox floats for average riders looking to loose weight and eliminate bottoming.

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
what size eye to eye are the shocks on the RTX because she need a rebuild for sure then because im all over the trail now, i have fronts maybe sold and i want to sell my rears as well but need someone to sell me ones that will fit mine and that a super stiff, i valved mine racing sled at about 250lbs and that was way to stiff but the weight of the RTX should compensat for that? but yeah need everything i guess well that sucks its a nice set up but i ride just a little to hard i guess lol

Premium Features