• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Ski-Doo Summit Rev Wilson Prewitt's First Impression

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Just another "factory rider" who is paid to say good things about this brand of sled because he gets free stuff . . .??

We have those on the Polaris side of things too :) Take what they say and divide by 10, then keep what's left and that might be partially true LOL

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Just another "factory rider" who is paid to say good things about this brand of sled because he gets free stuff . . .??

We have those on the Polaris side of things too :) Take what they say and divide by 10, then keep what's left and that might be partially true LOL

Typical answer for the internet, but again like always you got it backwards....Wilson does all the spring shows and demo rides, he is a wicked rider and is not paid to ride a ski-doo, it is important to have him on the sled as he will be introducing it to clients at all the spring shows. The reason he has this job is because of who he is. He is an awesome dude and many of you will have the pleasure of talking with him.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Typical answer for the internet, but again like always you got it backwards....Wilson does all the spring shows and demo rides, he is a wicked rider and is not paid to ride a ski-doo, it is important to have him on the sled as he will be introducing it to clients at all the spring shows. The reason he has this job is because of who he is. He is an awesome dude and many of you will have the pleasure of talking with him.

Unfortunately its the truth. He, and all the others who do these "shows", talk up their brand, post videos on SW, are getting something (salary, free stuff, free rides, travel, discounts, etc ), or they wouldn't do them. :) They are all good dudes, and have to make a living. We have these guys on the polaris side too. So does EVERY brand. A person just has to realize that they (and all who crow about a certain brand) are paid to say good things. They wouldn't work there if they didn't. . . I get it. We just have to remember the "math formula" mentioned in the previous post, to boil all the "fluff" down to some actual facts.

So ya, I have been around for a while, and understand how it works :)

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Just because they say good things doesn't mean they are automatically wrong like you are suggesting. They aren't going lie all the time like you portray or it ruins their credibility which, intern, weeds them out of the job they have. I'm not saying they don't over glorify things but they are just excited about what they do. Push the positives and work on the negatives behind closed doors

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Next season can't come fast enough around here...

R
Feb 29, 2016

So he has a job but doesn't get paid for it?

That doesn't seem like it is probably the truth...

I am with the rest who acknowledge all brands have spokespeople who do promotion for products. Nothing wrong with that at all. Trying to tell us that these people do not report with a bias assumes we are all stupid. OF COURSE they support the brand they work for. If they didn't I bet they wouldn't have that "job" very long.

Polaris and even Cat did the same thing last year. Only the few got to ride the Axys and it was like pulling teeth to get the dealer to let me demo the Cat. I like the pressure on the manufacturers to step up the demo rides on the new models. No doubt it helps sell sleds.

A
Jan 28, 2010
So he has a job but doesn't get paid for it?

That doesn't seem like it is probably the truth...

I am with the rest who acknowledge all brands have spokespeople who do promotion for products. Nothing wrong with that at all. Trying to tell us that these people do not report with a bias assumes we are all stupid. OF COURSE they support the brand they work for. If they didn't I bet they wouldn't have that "job" very long.

Polaris and even Cat did the same thing last year. Only the few got to ride the Axys and it was like pulling teeth to get the dealer to let me demo the Cat. I like the pressure on the manufacturers to step up the demo rides on the new models. No doubt it helps sell sleds.

Went riding in the tight trees with my axys buddies 3ft plus of fresh, this heavy turd had to keep going back to help the axys get unstuck!

Premium Features