• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuse problem

sledcaddie

Premium Member
Feb 11, 2008
Lincoln, NE
Just tried to start my 2012 800 RMK. Turned key - nothing. Battery tests at 98% charged. Pulled the rope. Fired right up, but no display on readout. So, no display and electric start won't turn. Is that the wiring harness 2 amp fuse by the clutch? Ran out of daylight today. Will investigate more this weekend. Any input will be appreciated.

T

torkd

Oct 9, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I was just riding my dads 2015 pro today and the e-start wasn't working after 20 minutes of riding. The dash display works just fine. I pull started it all day thinking a wire might be loose but when I got home the head light was flickering with the key off. Battery was dead after the light must have been flickering on the ride home.. Anyone had this happen? I disconnected the battery because I wasn't sure if the thing would try and light itself on fire.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Again, I would suggest the hood connector as the problem.
MFD, ignition, e start, headlights are all powered through the hood connector with no fuses. It's a large connector and harness with little support, I had to tweak loose pin fit several times on my 2013.

T

torkd

Oct 9, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Again, I would suggest the hood connector as the problem.
MFD, ignition, e start, headlights are all powered through the hood connector with no fuses. It's a large connector and harness with little support, I had to tweak loose pin fit several times on my 2013.

Had to take the sled in after checking the connector and nothing worked still. Turned out to be the stupid voltage regulator was burned up. This was after only 55km on a 2015 sled. My dad's 2012 went through three of them as well. Hopefully this isn't going to be a reoccurring problem. I think that voltage regulator needs a pretty serious update...

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Yup, the electrical systems in snowmobiles leave alot to be desired in all brands. If I didn't have warrantee concerns, I would solder in line fuses into every circuit on my Pro.
What I do to all of my new sleds before they hit the snow, is unplug, grease, and re connect every connector I can get access to. Then I cut most of the zip ties that are usually WAY too tight and pinching wires, and replace them to my liking.

I have a similar issue, my ES won't work, but pull start works fine. starts second pull. when it starts all electrical works, plus accessories including dash and hand warmers. if i remember correctly last season that once i turned the key you could hear fuel pump then start the machine with the turn of the key, any suggestions?

Premium Features