• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cast Smartcarb?

S

snowboatboy

Oct 22, 2011
Petersburg Ak.
I am wondering if anyone has heard anything about when these will ship. When I ordered a month ago they said they would probably be shipping right about now, just wondering if anybody got any new info. It's starting to snow:face-icon-small-hap and I'm getting antsy.

E

eskimojoe77

Nov 30, 2011
I ordered mine in June or maybe earlier. So hopefully I'll get mine before all of you. Ha ha, one problem though, not enough snow to ride yet. Still want it yesterday though.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Is there a big differenc between the apt carb and a lectron, both atomize on a needle?I know guys in the dirt running a lectron from 2k to 10k no jetting changes, and have all the same claims as the apt? Just wondering what the big difference is?

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Cory said two weeks on the cast 38's this week. First week of Dec. ? Be patient and try to understand, they will be perfect. They want their huge cast order perfect. I would not expect anything less. I expect the best and am confident , that's what I will get. This is their huge, world-wide order and it is a huge mission to accomplish, when you will only accept perfection. I am waiting also.... soon guys!!! :) and very worth it. Future mass orders will be much smoother

As far as comparing to the old "Lectron" carbs... no comparison. 20 years of technology beyond Lectron. The lectron concept is awesome and began this tech development. Great stuff, but APT has developed it to the new gen technology.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
so the web site doesn't really say much>please explain the differences of the lectron VS the /apt so I get it!

Last edited:
T

thejean

Jan 17, 2013
I received an email a couple go days ago saying they have received the bodies and will be shipping soon! :D

T

thejean

Jan 17, 2013
From Liz Harvey at APT:

Below is the latest update:

APT is pleased to announce that our casting supplier is now able to meet our tight tolerance specifications in the machining of the cast 38mm SmartCarb bodies. Machined cast bodies are being shipped to us at this time. Sub-assemblies are completed and final assembly and shipping of cast 38mm SmartCarbs will proceed as the fully machined casting bodies arrive to us.

American Performance Technologies appreciates the extraordinary patience and support of our pre-order customers.

Please reply to this email with confirmation of your shipping address. If we do not hear from you in the next week, we will attempt to reach you by phone.

We will keep you up-to-date and notification & tracking information will be sent by email once your SmartCarb has been shipped. If you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call at 1-877-372-3465.

I am excited that we have the need to verify your shipping address!! Very soon we will ship your "long-awaited" and "well-worth it" 38mm Cast SmartCarb! Thank you so much for your patience with us, while we perfected our processes and our product.

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
so the web site doesn't really say much>please explain the differences of the lectron VS the /apt so I get it!

There are two major differences. APT has taken the Lectron technology from the late 70's and developed the Smart Carb through 25 years of development sense then. They both work on the same basic principal, yet the Smart Carb is in other ways totally different. The two major differences are, #1 - The Smart Carb has the float bowl pressurization circuit. It is temperature and Altitude, "density altitude" compensating. The Lectron is not. They are a non sealed and vented carb, much like others. Not density altitude and temp compensating. #2 - the metering rod of the Lectron is a multi angle ground rod. Meaning the rod has to compensate for differences in signal. The Smart Carb has a flat rod. The signal is so correct and uniform from idle to WOT there are no metering differences. In one blind test, a single 38MM carb was sent to 7 different people from Canada and across the US to install and run. The "same carb", one at a time! The 7 bikes were all different, from 125CC to 500CC bikes. They all ran spot on with a total of 13 clicks between all 7 bikes. The Smart Carb being sealed and a pressurization circuit, apply fuel as per signal regardless of bike or size of engine. In current testing for EPA and OEM applications, the Smart Carb was 80% less in emissions than EFI, 13% better fuel economy, and 5 more HP.

I do not work for APT or get paid in any way. Ha! but there is not a question, the Smart Carb is the most advanced fuel delivery system available today. Period... makes the simple, "raw" EFI systems look pretty poor.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Yes I agree the Smarty is the bomb. Not sure why you would mess with EFI especially when this is so simple. Less money and works flawless. The more I get to know this carb the more i like it. APT is world class and they love talking about their product and projects that utilize their Smartys.

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Yes I agree the Smarty is the bomb. Not sure why you would mess with EFI especially when this is so simple. Less money and works flawless. The more I get to know this carb the more i like it. APT is world class and they love talking about their product and projects that utilize their Smartys.

Remember when the flip phone came out? LOL a lot has happened sense then. The OEM's have a lot of work to do to catch up. Their simple efi systems are raw and crude at best.

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Yes, it's crazy, but the cast are producing a little more HP. The Smart Carb in general produces 8/10 % more HP than EFI, but the Cast Smart Carb is tops!

Premium Features