• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is the '07 M1000 steering post more forward than a '08 post?

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
My '07 post is too far forward. Just wondering if I can put a new '08 or even a '09 post to move the bars back 2"s or so.

Is the '07 M1000 steering post more forward than a '08 post?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
they are the same, its probably bent. Or the 08 is bent. the 08 and 09post seemed a little weaker. I bent mine back from to much torque, trying to hang on.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Yep! It's bent forward 1". They have the same part#. Looking at it side by side with my m8 it is straight up or vertical.:confused:

I hate, HATE the feel of it! It feels like a horribly set up XP! Gay azz rider forward bullsht!:eek::D:p

I'm replacing it ASAP with a new post.:p

Thanks!

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I would recommend taking it out and cutting it where the upper mount is and correct the bend(or bend it back then cut it), then shove a piece of pipe inside of it to strengthen it, a new one will bend just as easy. don't forget to scribe a line horizontally so you get the steering straight when going back together. I forgot and it was a pain not knowing for sure.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Yep! It's bent forward 1". They have the same part#. Looking at it side by side with my m8 it is straight up or vertical.:confused:

I hate, HATE the feel of it! It feels like a horribly set up XP! Gay azz rider forward bullsht!:eek::D:p

I'm replacing it ASAP with a new post.:p

Thanks!

i did notice that 07 post you got looked funky when i was using it to mine back together, another thought, is simply flipping or swapping the the two plastic halves that hold the post to the fuel tank, i flipped mine and it got much stonger:beer;

Premium Features