• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which brand will generate the most over dressed parking lot poser?

Which brand will most likely generate a highly dressed poser

• Polaris

Votes: 288 16.8%
  • Artic Cat

Votes: 648 37.8%
  • Yamaha

Votes: 199 11.6%
  • Ski doo

Votes: 580 33.8%

• Total voters

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
My gear is all black and says AC on it, bibs and coat cost me $300, I like black just for the fact I don't know what I might be riding one year from the next black is neutral. Oh and don't forget the trailers and trucks for posers. I try and get as far away from my truck before someone spots me.
when it comes to brand gear AC takes it, but when it comes to straight up posers I've seen far more doo(rev) riders, I mean doo owners that don't get half the potential out of the sled.

S
Dec 5, 2009
Wisconsin
sabercat, if you hadn't noticed, everyone and their brothers are posers. We just chose to ignore our poserish ways ;)

Gotch ya! I will have to get my daughter to resize a picture of me on my sabercat for you-all. When you buy all green gear then go jump on your green sled, well, its quite bright! :eek:

Now I rarely ride during the day. (hahahaha)

M

M6johnny

Dec 4, 2007
Brookings SD
lol what, I like that ski doo makes plain looking gear. It sure beats some of that insanse looking cat gear (and this is coming from a guy with an articat) Whenever I see that dayglow, and neon I start wondering what sort of mullet they are sporting, and if they have oakley razors

WHOA WHOA WHOA, pump your brakes son. What the hell is wrong with a good ol fasioned Z-28 mullet???????

I voted Ski-don't

And, for the record POL and YAMMY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

T

tranquillicer

Nov 27, 2007
Sask. Canada
Jeesh guys, I was hoping to get a new pair of Klim bibs this year cause the Free Rides are always ridin down my a$$ and I get cold when I get bucked off. Guess I better not bother. My one year old Klim jacket will get pounded on the shop floor today to make it look a little older and more used and I'll definitely not be seen wearing the best socks I've had for staying dry and warm in my 3 year old Klim boots that never allow moisture in. I do have some older green Sh&t boots with felt liners I guess I could try for an hour or 2 and even if I'm soaked and frozen from the toes up who cares cause no one will think I'm a "poser". I'll knock the visor and mouth piece off my BV2s helmet in case I need a back-up when I go west, and thats a shame cause it sure works good on those -20 days/nights when you want to go for a ride with the guys and not freeze half the skin off your face. I'll have to try harder to find some mountains in Sask. too so I can learn all the tricks you mt riders know from living out there all your lives. I think next time I consider going on a tropical vacation I'll move to the tropics for a year or so and then I won't look like a tourist...guess I better learn the language too eh? Better stop saying "eh" too, holy crap that'll be a dead give away. I won't have to worry about expensive designer sun glasses cause I just buy at the gas station anyways. Is there a particular brand of beer I should have in the parking lot at the end of the day so I fit in better? What about my truck? Is an '08 too new? Should I bring my Volkswagon Westfailia and stay in it or can I get a room at the Best Western or better yet at Rene's lodge(little free b for Eagle Valley Lodge there)? Also maybe there could be a Sticky on SW to keep us all up-dated on the newest "Don'ts" in the snowmobile world so we can just blend in with the locals where ever we go. Wait a minute...that will actually make us "Posers" cause we aren't locals at all!!! Now I'm really confused. I gotta go lay down for a bit.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
last year i seen the official "skittles" race sled....03 cat 900, bright orange, bright green and bright red.....dude had the full gear with a hella sweet NMFH, i was so pissed i forgot the camera:(

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
So what the he** does everyone wear if you don't wear snowmobile clothing?:confused: I happen to own 3 Arctic Cat coats (all on clearance at the grass drags):beer;, Sorrel boots, RU Outside base layers, Terramar base layers, Wickers base layers, Columbia pants, Smartwool socks, Klim gloves, Artiva gloves, RU Outside gloves, HJC Helmet (pink even), Smith goggles (got a new pair on order that has a fan to keep fogging down). My husband has Arctic Cat coat (thinks it is too heavy), Klim bibs, Klim boots, HJC helmet, goggles from local sporting goods store. My sister wears Arctic cat coat, Columbia pants, her husband wears all Scott. (all on sale) Two of my friends wear all Klim. A couple others wear all Polaris. I also buy gear that others on these forums have recommended. So all of you "fashion consultants" please show us what we are supposed to wear. :confused: We use our gear to keep us warm or cool and comfortable when we ride hard. However.....we are cocky mother fu**ers (with a good sense of humor!):D and we got the "snowmobiler strut" down (you've seen it in the parking lot). We earned that right, come ride with us and you will see. We have a lot of fun tearing up the snow. We do a lot of bonehead things and we aren't afraid to own up to them.:rolleyes: (That could be a whole new thread) We have a lot of good laughs and our gear doesn't define our ability to ride. I like comfort and try to buy what works. Cheers -now LET's RIDE! :beer; KJ,PT

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Pretty tight race between Cat and Doo....

Gonna say artic cat wins tho....the colours pretty much peg the obnoxious-o-meter

Maybe I'm the minority, but I'll never buy an article of clothing with a sled manufacturer on it....most of it's pretty loud. I own a Doo and I cringe whenever I see that gay juiced up bumble bee logo....

Last edited:
L
Feb 25, 2009
Washington
Truth hurts,
You can tell all the guys that wear that geekie AC,POL,Yam, or skidoo crap. there getting all bent out of shape and defensive, sorry but you just look stupid wearing that stuff. it's like wearing a nascar coat you just look f-in stupid.

N
Nov 29, 2009
The way people act count more in my book. My wife and I both rides AC machines but i have seen some AC guys just act like jerks. If you have nice equipment and gear but act like a douche that the same as the guy on the 20yr old sled with the 1 piece suit acting like a douche. Your nice to us and will are nice to you brand shouldn't matter

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
You guys ever see that token douchebag cruisin the city streets in his Porsche Boxster, then he gets out at Starbucks and he's wearing the matching Pleather jacket and ball cap. Sporting the Allan Harper look, I say. He wins.:beer;:beer;

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
POSER = one who has one of the most expensive sleds with the gear to match, tries to impress you in the parking lot or around town, brapping and all that, but when it comes to real riding they can't.

DenverR1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Denver, CO
Truth hurts,
You can tell all the guys that wear that geekie AC,POL,Yam, or skidoo crap. there getting all bent out of shape and defensive, sorry but you just look stupid wearing that stuff. it's like wearing a nascar coat you just look f-in stupid.

Have you douche'd lately? Might make you feel better....

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
posers to me seem to be the tough-guys out there who are willing to pick fights with others to see whose sled is best instead of actually riding.

C
to the guy that dissagrees with riding a street bike without a helmet. On a sunny day you will find me riding with my black harley skull cap. riskey? yes. Like riding the back country in avalanche conditions. Its all about choice, we may be the risky ones. You, me and a lot of people on here. the risk is worth the good times we are having, be it riding sleds in the back country, or riding down the road with my buddies. glad to live in a country where we are free to do as we please! Ride safe Ride free brothers and sisters!

M
Aug 22, 2009
Minnesota
And we have a winner! Gotta love all those bad to the bone, dressed in black, skull cap wearin, overweight, bar hoppin dudes with the loud pipes!!! (I'd love to seem them try and ride a dirt bike)

Poser=HD gotta love those big dumb handle bars!!! The more patches on the vest you have the bigger the badazz you are.

M
Aug 22, 2009
Minnesota
Chill out

countryboymt & firecatguy...no sense of humor or what. Must be that time of the month for you two cuz if anyone takes anything personal on this thread you need to chill. Its all for a good laugh. I'm sorry if you have a harley and you took it personal. Maybe you need a good laugh so here's a joke for ya..."What does a Harley and a Hoover vac have in common...You can fit two dirtbags on a HARLEY". Your leather vests must be full of patches....eh?

Premium Features