• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

enclosed trailer tips

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
R
Jun 14, 2008
Southern Idaho
Hey all have questions . Just bought a enclosed trailer as was wondering how to handle the water and snow inside trailer when you get back home. Have jacked up the front and opened up the back ramp to let water out do I try and sweep snow out ? Any help would be great

G

Gibsons

Nov 26, 2007
saskatoon
Finally got some pics of our trailer done and ready to go for the winter. Trailer is a United 18'+5' V-nose, 7' wide. We are using the 8" wide EZ Slides on the back door and interior of the trailer and the old style deep glides on the front door both vertically and horizontally. All of the baskets, toolbox and spare tire are Rubbermade tracking.

Exterior of trailer;
CIMG0456.jpg

Full Shot of the interior;
CIMG1243.jpg

Back Door;
CIMG1244.jpg

Ski-Bar & shovel/broom holder;
CIMG1245.jpg

Spare Tire rack (and frost lines:D);
CIMG1246.jpg

Front basket & Toolbox;
CIMG1247.jpg

Front Floor at V-nose;
CIMG1248.jpg

Front Door with deep ski-slides;
CIMG1251.jpg

And loaded with Two Renegades and a Phazer MTX. Lots of room to spare!
CIMG1260.jpg

is that rubber matting on the floor? if so, how does it hold up to carbides, and how easily do the skis slide?

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
is that rubber matting on the floor? if so, how does it hold up to carbides, and how easily do the skis slide?

Nope, they are EZ-Off Trailer slides (http://www.slideguides.com/) in the 8" wide profile so the sleds just glide down them super easy. They are slippery as hell when they get snow on them but we have run them on every trailer for the past 7 years and as you can see they are very durable. We just keep switching them to each new trailer.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
I am lookin at a attwood 35,000 btu furnace. I will be installing it in a 27' trailer. I was wondering if any one has a wiring diagram and a parts list so i dont have to make 30 trips to the store to get parts? Does anyone have any more pics of a propane tank installed under the trailer?

thanks

ndmtnsledder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
ND
As far as a diagram there are 4 wires. Two will be for the thermostat just run them to a 12volt thermostat you can get from any RV parts store. The other two wires you'll need to run to 12v power and ground I personally added a regular 12v 2 pole switch in the 12v power line so I can turn the furnace off to.

The propane will depend on length and were you put the tank. What i used was a 3/8 Female flared 1" long coupler then a 3/8 male flared fitting to 3/8 female pipe thread. Then I picked up a 15' rubber propane hose that had the regular and tank hookup on one end and a 3/8 male pipe thread fitting on the other. I just send the house out through the gas door for now and set it outside.

Other then that you just need misc angle iron and self tapping screws to attach it to the wall.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
As far as a diagram there are 4 wires. Two will be for the thermostat just run them to a 12volt thermostat you can get from any RV parts store. The other two wires you'll need to run to 12v power and ground I personally added a regular 12v 2 pole switch in the 12v power line so I can turn the furnace off to.

The propane will depend on length and were you put the tank. What i used was a 3/8 Female flared 1" long coupler then a 3/8 male flared fitting to 3/8 female pipe thread. Then I picked up a 15' rubber propane hose that had the regular and tank hookup on one end and a 3/8 male pipe thread fitting on the other. I just send the house out through the gas door for now and set it outside.

Other then that you just need misc angle iron and self tapping screws to attach it to the wall.

How many batteries are u using (2)? How many watt power inverter am i going to need, and i supose i need a 2 bank charger. How do i get the batteries to charge off of the truck.

ndmtnsledder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
ND
I don't camp in mine just use it for repairs ect so I only use one AGM deep cycle 12v battery connected to a 10amp converter charger I can plug in at home or to a generator. The converter charger I have is used for charging and maintaining batteries for trolling motors I picked up from a sporting store. It was on sale for $50 the actual RV ones run well over a $100. I also have the battery connected to the 12V aux pin in the 7pin trailer connector which charges the battery when my pickup is on(at least on the newer fords).

R

rjm350

Mar 25, 2008
Lethbridge/Foremost
Some pics

Here are a few pictures of how I mounted my furnace. I haven't seen one like this, so thought I would share. I wanted to use it for a while to make sure i wasn't going to have any problems. I did have to put heat tape on the roof above the furnace, and move a micro-switch that was mounted in the fan housing so it could be mounted upside down

To add to the conversation above, I am running the furnace and lights with 2 6v golf cart batteries connected in series. I think they are 2200 amp hours, and my 35,000 btu furnace is 9 amp, lots of power.:face-icon-small-hap

IMG00187.jpg IMG00188.jpg

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Here are a few pictures of how I mounted my furnace. I haven't seen one like this, so thought I would share. I wanted to use it for a while to make sure i wasn't going to have any problems. I did have to put heat tape on the roof above the furnace, and move a micro-switch that was mounted in the fan housing so it could be mounted upside down

To add to the conversation above, I am running the furnace and lights with 2 6v golf cart batteries connected in series. I think they are 2200 amp hours, and my 35,000 btu furnace is 9 amp, lots of power.:face-icon-small-hap

I think you might be a little off on your amp hour rating..... A pair of Trojan T-125 6 volt battery (pretty much the industry standard for 6V golfcart/RV batts) is rated at 125 amp/hour. Either way, still LOTS!!!! :)

turbo800rmk

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2010
Mandan North Dakota
Last edited:

turbo800rmk

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2010
Mandan North Dakota
If this upload works, you should be able to see a new set of interior lights, sound system, helmet storage, reel for electrical cord that can be pulled out from under the trailer for recharge of two insync 6 volt batteries complete with inverters and converter. A furnace with boot and glove dryers and ski skids. I think it is pretty cool. Oh yeah this was last year and a new Dragon was making it home :):)

View attachment 76327

View attachment 76328

View attachment 76329

View attachment 76330

View attachment 76331

View attachment 76332

View attachment 76334

WHATS THE BLACK ROPE LOOKING THINGS ATTACHED TO THE TOP OF THE BOOT DRYERS????

R

rjm350

Mar 25, 2008
Lethbridge/Foremost
I think you might be a little off on your amp hour rating..... A pair of Trojan T-125 6 volt battery (pretty much the industry standard for 6V golfcart/RV batts) is rated at 125 amp/hour. Either way, still LOTS!!!! :)

Haha, ya good catch. I think they are 220 amp hours. The biggest i could find were 240 amp hours, but they were a lot more money.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Put some head-ache tape in. Basically reflective tape to give you one last warning that you better duck as you enter the trailer. It is nice for people that don't load in an enclosed very often. Also did the same thing on the drive out side.

Premium Features