• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Want low profile windshield for M-Series

ridgelinerunner

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
want low profile windshield

the 2009 Arctic Cat crossfire R's come with a low flat black "flyscreen", p/n:5606-805 I installed on on our 09 M8 LE Sno-Pro demo, it looks really good. All you would have to do is heat up and remore the white trim and install some back from an auto parts store! If I had pics I would post them.

C

CuzzinOlaf

Dec 12, 2007
the 2009 Arctic Cat crossfire R's come with a low flat black "flyscreen", p/n:5606-805 I installed on on our 09 M8 LE Sno-Pro demo, it looks really good. All you would have to do is heat up and remore the white trim and install some back from an auto parts store! If I had pics I would post them.

Can you post some pics when you get a chance?

Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
This is a cut down stock windshield that I have on my sled.

2dbkx7m.jpg

IShartd

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Alpine County, CA
I agree just cut your stock one down, Ive done about 4 over the years, best way to get it the way you want it, heat up the molding, slowly peel it off and cut to desired size and design, I just use a sharpy and follow the stock design lower on the windshield, even if its not a pretty cut the molding is gonna hide it, I just dap super glue every few inches on the molding and throw it back on, havent had mine come off yet.

DSC06655.JPG DSC06656.JPG

IShartd

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Alpine County, CA
I am diggin' the cut down look. What are you guys cutting those with?

Ive always done it with a jigsaw with a metal cut blade on it, you can kinda flatten it out on your workbench and get after it, always helps to have a extra set of hands around.

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
Just some regular old tin snips when i did mine. If you use the jigsaw just lay a bunch of masking tape over the winshield where the base of the jigsaw could scratch er up. Giver hell!

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
WYrider cut mine down too. The sled came with a high clear one and a low pro green crome one. We just traced the high one with the low por one and cut it out with tin snips. After that I painted it black and it turned out great.

DSC00197-1.jpg

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
I cut mine also. I used an air nibbler. If you want flat black, spray a little brake cleaner on a rag and rub it in. I found this out on accident but really like the look.

windshield.jpg

Premium Features