• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Steering brackets breaking

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
I've broke my second "updated" steering bracket in my viper, looking at building my own bullet proof one anyone else had these issues also. Who will build custom oilite bushings? As I want a oilite bushing for the one on the bell crank in the nose of the sled, getting lots of play there.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Are you talking about the tripod on top, or the bracket down in the nose of the sled? I've had to tighten up my steering twice this year because the bolt in the bottom keeps coming loose. I used red instead of blue this time around, so maybe that will help.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
The bracket in the nose of sled, used red loctite from the get go when it loosened the first time, the bracket flexes and cracks

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
gonna get illite bushings made for the bell crank in the nose of of the sled and oillite bushings for all all other locations. used some stronger rivets as dealer didn't use proper ones the first time. possibly upgrade the u joint in steering post. if I get rid of slop then its hard for anything to flex and fatigue

Premium Features