• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ADDING REVERSE TO AN 02 RMK EDGE

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Can you add reverse to an 02 RMK by changing the CDI box, CDI box wire harness, left handlebar controls and cylinder head to an 03,04 or 05 issue parts? I imagine that the speedometer that has the reverse light, could also be changed out. I noticed that the stator is exactly the same between an 02, 03, and 04. The only difference in engines between 02 and the 03 and 04, is the DET sensor in the cylinder head.

Skylane1978

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2008
As I recall that would work. No head change needed, but oil pump would need to be from 03 or newer, the 02 doesn't pump oil in reverse as I recall.

this1ultraflyz

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Saskatoon, Saskquatchland
Polaris used to have a kit. i installed on my 02 Edge 800 about 7 years ago. works perfectly never touched oil pump
Secondary Clutch, ECU, Complete Wiring harness, New Controls on left side handle bar with reverse button, Tach i think (Don't think it was speedo) .

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
PERC

I've done several.

Team secondary with ER helix.

Change flywheel.

Change CDI

Need small CDI harness for PERC with connections to the handlebar PERC control.

Need the different handlebar control.

You can add a light in the tach to blink and this wiring comes from the different harness on the CDI.

Premium Features