• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KLIM products and service.. my story

O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
It’s always easy to bitch about a failed product or a company that just doesn’t seem to care. Well I want to pass on just the opposite.

2 or 3 years ago I bought a pair of KLIM Adrenaline GTX snow mobile boots. I liked the ankle support and grippie sole. They have been good boots, with one exception. They have always leaked a little in the big toe area where the Gortex is mated with the rubber boot toe. It usually wasn’t a problem because the snow usually is cold and not wet. On wetter spring days my feet would get rather damp.

I was in West Yellowstone at the Expo last March and visited the KLIM booth. If you were at last years Expo you know it was a wet slushy mess! In the KLIM booth, they had a pair of their boots in a fish tank. I asked the nice booth lady if the boot model I had on should also be water proof, she said absolutely. I told here mine had always leaked some, and I knew they were no longer covered by a warranty. She told me to send them the boots because they always want to understand problems if they occur.

A couple of weeks ago I sent them my boots. Within a couple of days I got a call from KLIM customer service indicating that my boots were clearly defective and they were sending me a new pair, at no charge!!

A couple of days later, I got them. I have to say I’m VERY pleased with KLIM. I already own their bibs, jacket, gloves and some other clothing and when ever someone asks me about their products, I always say.. “you get what you pay for, so buy the best and only buy it once”.

I now have more to add to a question about KLIM products and now their excellent customer service.

Guys... bottom line, this company really does care about having happy customers!

Thank you KLIM.... let it snow!!

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Interesting. Last year was my first running Klim stuff, I was not impressed with the quality but didn't contact Klim because, to be honest, I bought everything here from SWers, all new without tags or very lightly used. The insulation in the crotch of my bibs split at the seam, my boot has torn at the seam where the tongue meets the fabric down low.
My previous bibs were cheapy FXR, years of use with zero failures. Pretty obvious that the Klim stuff was flawed, but without buying it new from a retailer I didn't think it was right to send it back to them for coverage.

O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
Interesting. Last year was my first running Klim stuff, I was not impressed with the quality but didn't contact Klim because, to be honest, I bought everything here from SWers, all new without tags or very lightly used. The insulation in the crotch of my bibs split at the seam, my boot has torn at the seam where the tongue meets the fabric down low.
My previous bibs were cheapy FXR, years of use with zero failures. Pretty obvious that the Klim stuff was flawed, but without buying it new from a retailer I didn't think it was right to send it back to them for coverage.

Sorry to hear of your experience. I have been wearing KLIM gear for 3 years now and it's the best cold weather gear I have ever owned. By the way, I'm just a customer and have no connection with KLIM. Last year at the West Yellowstone Expo, I actually tried to do some riding in the rain with 3 other guys. I was the only guy in KLIM gear and I was the only guy who was dry (except for my boots... see above). My stuff still looks like new, so I don't know what you bought or what happened, but my wife wears the same KLIM gear and is also just as pleased as I am with their products.
Good luck.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Boots lasted me 1.5 years.
What makes it worse; i emailed klim and told them 1.5 years of riding and my feet are soaked every ride. I know the warranty is one year. I will pay to have them fixed because i like them.
They said mail them in and we will take a look at them. I think it was a generic response to warranty claims.

I paid to mail them in. A week later, email states, these boots look like they have more than one year of use on them so they are out of warranty. I replied. I know they are out of warranty, read my first email, i asked if you could repair them and i will pay for the repair.

They replied sorry, we don't repair boots.
Well....
I now have 3yrs on my Motorfist stompers and i am happy with them.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
I am one of those that never had problem with my Klim stuff, had my Valdez jacket and Togwotee bibs > 5 years without any faults, only moved to Stealth "for the change".
Have had my Adrenaline boots > 3 years, no surprise, without faults.
Same can i say about my gloves.
True quality.
Faults can happen, and i get sad when i hear people having issues to get them sorted, i have heard mixed opinions about their customer support before and thats strange, a company like Klim should have got that sorted long time ago, if it happend to me i bet my dealer would battle for me (Michelle @ OTS) so i'm not worried.

Sent from my Sanwa M12

Premium Features