• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Helpful Post Ratings Display Problem

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Recently I've noticed I can't read the first number for how many people have rated a post as helpful. For instance, usually I see "2 out of 2 have rated this post as helpful" prior to me rating the post, but lately it's " out of 2 have rated this post as helpful". The first number is missing. Several times now I have clicked the green thumbs up to rate such a post, and then the first number in the above statement is displayed, and several times now it has been "1 out of 2 ...." and I just want to be sure there isn't some glitch causing me to be rating these posts as bad. Each time I've had this happen, the post has been genuinely helpful and I'm not sure why anyone would give a thumb down, which is what lead me to think there may be a glitch and I'm giving people bad rep.

I'm using the latest Google Chrome with an ad block ad on, Window's 7 Pro if any of that matters.

Could you possibly look into this Christopher? It's not a big deal, but something I figured I'd mention.
Thanks

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I just gave you a helpful post rating and it displayed properly when applied but was gone when thread refreshed. FWIW

Anyone? :israel:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
i have had them show up instantly but that is extremely rare, most that do come thru are 24 hours late, the longest one to show up has been almost exactly 84 hours from posted to email time stamp. FWIW

Update, I just got one that beat the 84 hours. 122 hours, the time stamp on the E-mail was the time of posting but for whatever reason it took 122 hours to show up?

Last edited:
V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I wondered if it wasn't a "coding" issue where the display box isn't quite large enough for the string of font...

Again, I'm not even a "coder" on tv so I don't know, but something had to have changed somewhat recently.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Same here. Same issue.

I was wondering when somebody would bring this up.

Now the slow typing problem has started again. (letters not reacting to the typing).

Geez...

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
12 13 14 show no wording at all just a Rate this post until a second or two after...
No font select etc on right side of chat box..
Earlier posts are missing first numeral at rate thumbs...
Can not check helpful post ratings in CP .. takes you to " unauthorized page " :dance:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Since we can't find the source of the problem here, we are going to remove the entire module, and reinstall it and see if the functionality returns.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
FIXED.
But we had to remove the old module and re-install it from scratch.
So we have LOST all old ratings!

But there is a new clean version installed now and it should be good going forward.

Premium Features