For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2019, 09:12 PM
Currently: Not set.
Ron Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rasmussen boards question

Can anyone tell me what size tubing skinz uses for their rasmussen running boards? specifically the inside tube that runs along the tunnel. I bought a sled with different boards already attached and it appears he left me about a 1/2Ē lip to work with. thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-11-2019, 09:55 PM
Tyman212 has a reputation beyond reputeTyman212 has a reputation beyond reputeTyman212 has a reputation beyond reputeTyman212 has a reputation beyond reputeTyman212 has a reputation beyond reputeTyman212 has a reputation beyond reputeTyman212 has a reputation beyond reputeTyman212 has a reputation beyond reputeTyman212 has a reputation beyond reputeTyman212 has a reputation beyond reputeTyman212 has a reputation beyond repute

Newer boards use flat plat against the tunnel. That way there isnít a tube for snow to build up on. The way I would go if I was building my own.

How are you bending the tubing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-11-2019, 10:04 PM
Thanked 1,478 Times in 743 Posts
turboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking that is enough. You are going to rivet them anyway. If you are worried about it use some lords adhesive to boot.

The Following User Says Thank You to turboless terry For This Useful Post:
Ron Burgandy (03-12-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 10:05 PM
Ron Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond reputeRon Burgandy has a reputation beyond repute

iíd like to purchase the rasmussen boards but am looking for verification they will fit my sled that has already had the boards cut off.

Old 03-11-2019, 10:07 PM
Tyman212 has a reputation beyond reputeTyman212 has a reputation beyond reputeTyman212 has a reputation beyond reputeTyman212 has a reputation beyond reputeTyman212 has a reputation beyond reputeTyman212 has a reputation beyond reputeTyman212 has a reputation beyond reputeTyman212 has a reputation beyond reputeTyman212 has a reputation beyond reputeTyman212 has a reputation beyond reputeTyman212 has a reputation beyond repute

If the lip is smaller than the tube, you can just rivet from the inside of the tunnel and itíll be fine. You donít have to have the board sitting on the lip.

Old 03-11-2019, 10:31 PM

If the lip is smaller than the tube, you can just rivet from the inside of the tunnel and itíll be fine. You donít have to have the board sitting on the lip.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tyman212 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2019, 08:02 AM

iím not sure how i would feel about just rivets holding it up from the inside of the tunnel. I can see how it would work if it was a plate against the tunnel as oppose to a tube, but that lip to me takes most of the weight off the interior rivets and utilized the tunnel more.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:49 AM
Thanked 1,478 Times in 743 Posts
turboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond repute

I put Rasmussen boards on an xm. Half inch tube seems about right for the inside. It is the outside that is the big one. You will have enough lip to set on. I riveted mine from the inside and not the bottom I believe. I do know what they said to leave in the instructions was excessive. After I clamped them on I marked them and took more off. Lords adhesive like polaris uses works great. I put a set of air lock boards on with that. I still used rivets. Wouldn't want to take them apart. I guess you just have to heat them. I think you will be just fine. If you are really worried, call skins.

The Following User Says Thank You to turboless terry For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboless terry View Post
I put Rasmussen boards on an xm. Half inch tube seems about right for the inside. It is the outside that is the big one. You will have enough lip to set on. I riveted mine from the inside and not the bottom I believe. I do know what they said to leave in the instructions was excessive. After I clamped them on I marked them and took more off. Lords adhesive like polaris uses works great. I put a set of air lock boards on with that. I still used rivets. Wouldn't want to take them apart. I guess you just have to heat them. I think you will be just fine. If you are really worried, call skins.

thanks, i think iíll pull the trigger. Tried skinz... busy time of the year and canít get an answer :/

Old 03-15-2019, 05:22 PM

well they came in. looks like they will fit great. thanks guys

quite a bit narrower as well

Old 03-15-2019, 05:49 PM
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 03-15-2019, 05:57 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-15-2019, 06:01 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-15-2019, 06:07 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-15-2019, 06:57 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-15-2019, 09:36 PM

Click Here to Register