For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: XP Sleds 2007.5-current, all models in the XP, XT and XR chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2019, 05:25 PM
Currently: Not set.
HAYSTAX has a reputation beyond reputeHAYSTAX has a reputation beyond reputeHAYSTAX has a reputation beyond reputeHAYSTAX has a reputation beyond reputeHAYSTAX has a reputation beyond reputeHAYSTAX has a reputation beyond reputeHAYSTAX has a reputation beyond reputeHAYSTAX has a reputation beyond reputeHAYSTAX has a reputation beyond reputeHAYSTAX has a reputation beyond reputeHAYSTAX has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help tuning up Ď08

After sitting for a few years Iíve been working on getting my Ď08 800 running again. Cleaned carbs, replaced tank, grommets, new plugs, new gas, etc...

The sled seems to Start and run fine, idle isnít great but what really has me confused is the sudden ďhitĒ and rapid acceleration at 5500-6000rpm. It runs strong and pulls like new to 8100rpm but the sudden power delivery has me stumped.

Basically canít cruise or follow anyone on trail due to the on-off power delivery at mid range.

I would also like it to idle without dying, are these issues related? Electronic?

Thanks in advance

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-26-2019, 05:30 PM
Currently: Riding Atv's till the snow comes back
cubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond repute

The idle issue I'll bet are the pilot jets are plugged. The sudden surge in power makes me wonder if something is sticking in the clutches.
2015 Polaris 1000xp
2016 Polaris 170 RZR

Hold it pinned till you feel bad

Old 02-26-2019, 06:39 PM
Currently: one ski dreams
Basic Member
NEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond reputeNEWDUCK has a reputation beyond repute

How do the exhaust valves look? Are the lines to them all in good shape?

Old 02-26-2019, 08:30 PM
HAYSTAX has a reputation beyond reputeHAYSTAX has a reputation beyond reputeHAYSTAX has a reputation beyond reputeHAYSTAX has a reputation beyond reputeHAYSTAX has a reputation beyond reputeHAYSTAX has a reputation beyond reputeHAYSTAX has a reputation beyond reputeHAYSTAX has a reputation beyond reputeHAYSTAX has a reputation beyond reputeHAYSTAX has a reputation beyond reputeHAYSTAX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubby View Post
The idle issue I'll bet are the pilot jets are plugged. The sudden surge in power makes me wonder if something is sticking in the clutches.
I was wondering about the clutch but it seems to like the clutch would cause the engine to over rev and then bog or something like that. It just takes off and hauls ass, like an old 70s 2 stroke motorcycle hitting the powerband.

I pulled the pilots and tried to clean them up, are you supposed to be able to put a torch cleaner all the way through the jet like a main jet or just the small ports on the sides of the jet?

Thanks!

Old 02-26-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWDUCK View Post
How do the exhaust valves look? Are the lines to them all in good shape?
I didnít check the exhaust RAVE? valves, also didnít check or test any of the electronics. It might make sense that a sticky valve that moved quickly once more vacuum pressure is applied would explain this. Itís hard to describe the condition, itís just not a linear, usable power delivery at midrange. It seems fine at low end and perfect on top as well.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try to look at that tomorrow. I cannot rule out the possibility of rodent damage to lines or wires. I will look more closely at that

Old 02-27-2019, 07:33 AM
Currently: Riding Atv's till the snow comes back
cubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond reputecubby has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the time the pilot jets are so small you will not be able to stick anything through them. Either replace them or soak them in some really good carb cleaner for a day and then blow air through them.
2015 Polaris 1000xp
2016 Polaris 170 RZR

Hold it pinned till you feel bad

Old 03-06-2019, 12:30 AM
Currently: Dirt Bike Season!
eddy has a reputation beyond reputeeddy has a reputation beyond reputeeddy has a reputation beyond reputeeddy has a reputation beyond reputeeddy has a reputation beyond reputeeddy has a reputation beyond reputeeddy has a reputation beyond reputeeddy has a reputation beyond reputeeddy has a reputation beyond reputeeddy has a reputation beyond reputeeddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pilot Jets

At $5 each and the capacity to ruin the engine its not worth it to clean them!