• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hands down the best ZX MOD!

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
Okay I want to add some play to my sled over the summer here is what I am running now. But I wanna know what will put the cherry on the cake!

2002 Summit 700

151" track

700 dual ring pistons

HPS Can

No DPM

rack carbs off a 2005, jetted to my altitude.

WRP Boards (1st pair ever made and the best mod to date) You guys need a pair of these sick boards.
IMG_0920.jpg

Tunnel Dropped 1 inch

2" riser

Last edited:
J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
Planned Summer mods.

4" riser

boss seat

Paint tunnel black (going stealth)

vents next to gauges

new track (finger track sucks)

MPEM Re-curve

2 Wheel Kit w/8" wheels

( new sled )

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
I have the slp florites in the dash pod next to gauges on my 03 zx 800 and like them. I think you may find the clip on florites easier to use. I left my DPM with no changes but did jet down 2 sizes and dropped the needle 1 spot.

The boss seat is a nice little mod too. I'm actually going back to the MBRP trail can or a dynoport can as the HPS can i have requires ear plugs to go anywhere.

I also have had good luck with gearing down and putting on a Team 04 clutch. Currently going from 4 inch Fly riser to 7 inch.

The only other things i would do is blow off the second idler wheel on the rail and put on some ice scratchers and put on a low profile windshield as it will help keep the snow off the air intake filters.

2 wheel kit will look cool. I dont know if Mountain Machines makes a kit for your stock rails but thier stuff is cool. Fabcraft has cool wheels.

I think Skidoo came out with the reed spacers in 2003 but dont know if they were used on the 700 and/or with your carb setup.....you should check with the dealer or ask around here on SnoWest as I think they were a good improvement too.

Last edited:

deboer

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2009
Archer, IA (Northwest IA)
I have the slp florites in the dash pod next to gauges on my 03 zx 800 and like them. I think you may find the clip on florites easier to use. I left my DPM with no changes but did jet down 2 sizes and dropped the needle 1 spot.

The boss seat is a nice little mod too. I'm actually going back to the MBRP trail can or a dynoport can as the HPS can i have requires ear plugs to go anywhere.

I also have had good luck with gearing down and putting on a Team 04 clutch. Currently going from 4 inch Fly riser to 7 inch.

The only other things i would do is blow off the second idler wheel on the rail and put on some ice scratchers and put on a low profile windshield as it will help keep the snow off the air intake filters.

2 wheel kit will look cool. I dont know if Mountain Machines makes a kit for your stock rails but thier stuff is cool. Fabcraft has cool wheels.

I think Skidoo came out with the reed spacers in 2003 but dont know if they were used on the 700 and/or with your carb setup.....you should check with the dealer or ask around here on SnoWest as I think they were a good improvement too.

if your selling that dynoport you can call or email me what ever is easier for you

my number is 712 631 9626
and email is craigdeboer800@hotmail.com

thanks craig

also on my sled i was planing on powder coating my rail, riser, trailing arms, bumper, and radius rods

Last edited:

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I got a buddy with a '00 700 151" we geared it down, 18/43. Not one stock bored sled would beat it across a lake at 7000ft. And trackspeed was instant, no need to take huge runs at hills.
A seat and risers are so welcomed you have no idea. Totally updates the sled so it's actually a joy to ride.
Reed spacers and ceramic coat the pipe/y-pipe. You got the can.
I was always partial to a Cat secondary on these sleds, instant performance gain.
Track/suspension/skis/hood options are endless.

But a BIG riser, taller seat, and gearing WAY down will net you the biggest results.

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
I got a buddy with a '00 700 151" we geared it down, 18/43. Not one stock bored sled would beat it across a lake at 7000ft. And trackspeed was instant, no need to take huge runs at hills.
A seat and risers are so welcomed you have no idea. Totally updates the sled so it's actually a joy to ride.
Reed spacers and ceramic coat the pipe/y-pipe. You got the can.
I was always partial to a Cat secondary on these sleds, instant performance gain.
Track/suspension/skis/hood options are endless.

But a BIG riser, taller seat, and gearing WAY down will net you the biggest results.

I got the 05 carbs they had spacers with them. Looking for a boss seat. Im at stock gearing maybe I'll buy a couple and try them out. I heat wrapped the pipe and can this weekend with the black heat wrap (made the sled sound less tingy and now has more of a grunt. Ordered a low profile windshield and painted the trailing arms. I also pulled the wheels off the skid and left only the necessary ones.

Anyone got a good way to take off the graphics on the hood heat gun and windex are taking way too long.

deboer

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2009
Archer, IA (Northwest IA)
i took my graphics off with a heat gun and to take the adhesive off i just a industrial grade adhesive remover i got from a friend who is an auto body guy.

and yes it took a long time

C

crooklyn

Aug 27, 2009
Prince George, BC
I like the WRP Boards they look wicked especially on the tunnel.

I was wasn't able to get them but did get Snow Eliminators and I would say risers are the second best mod.
Currently 6" riser but going to 8" or 10" this summer.

03SummitNoStickers01.jpg

Last edited:
J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
I like the WRP Boards they look wicked especially on the tunnel.

I was wasn't able to get them but did get Snow Eliminators and I would say risers are the second best mod.
Currently 6" riser but going to 8" or 10" this summer.

They should be available this fall (this is the first set ever made) I love them made the tunnel so much more ridged and the look awesome.

What did you do about your brackets that get in the way of the eliminators?

Even if you have a nice cover I would put a salt shield on that trailer to keep it all clean and shiney.
I bought one last week just haven't put it on yet!

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Lightweight seat and hood will make it feel like a different sled, like adding 10HP....mesh hood is the best for function by reducing heat, Lexan is the lightest.

Oct 31, 2008
To get the Graphics off use the heat gun and then use WD-40 to get the glue off. Just spray the WD-40 and let it sit for a few and wipe off with a rag. You may have to do this a few times.Then when all the glue is gone just wax the hood and it will look good as new.

S

Skidoohmx

Nov 26, 2007
Deary, Idaho
I would convert it to a 06 or 07 REV seat before doing the boss seat. Also raise the bars more to match the higher seat. Will change the entire feel of the sled.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
a buddy of mine did this. Dootalk has lots of pics of it but you can prob get ahold of him on here too. banditpowdercoating I think he goes by. If you go Rev seat, you need a '06 X or 07 seat, otherwise you gain nothing but a beached whale looking seat. Sorry, don't like the wide comfy trail riding seats. Either way, a Boss seat is needed, like I said, unless you buy a 06 X or 07 seat. But for the hassle of converting....ahhh whatever, I took the long route a lot of times on my builds so I can't honestly comment on doing the conversion versus slapping a hi-rise Boss on it.

C

crooklyn

Aug 27, 2009
Prince George, BC
I would convert it to a 06 or 07 REV seat before doing the boss seat. Also raise the bars more to match the higher seat. Will change the entire feel of the sled.

Why would you do the 06 / 07 REV seat before the Boss?

The new Boss seat is 3" higher then OEM and looks like it sits up real nice.
Does the REV seat sit higher? Would getting it stuffed be better then the Boss?

Premium Features