• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summer Upgrade Plans?

L
Nov 25, 2018
Ok, so what is everyone's summer upgrade plans to their AC ascender?

There are quite a few things I'd like to do, but most don't involve adding straight HP. Some will be dropping weight, inherently adding HP, but..

I'll be adding the following for sure:

Rear Bumper/Tunnel Brace
Front bumper, pro climb?
Maybe adding bars?

What are some of the common/best upgrades to increase ride-ability?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Probably fix kill switch, thumb warmer, running boards, Clutch, frog skins, front hood vent, tie rod boot. How fast do you think it will be after all that? Almost forgot an a arm.

jason_hildo

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2010
Thought they were having issues w/putting the mono-rail on the heavier sleds, is that not the case?

I don't know, just something I want to try, I can't see it being a problem since a 800cc with a 300lbs rider or a 4stroke with a 200lbs rider are very similar. What have you heard?

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
First mod will be to pick up the new sled. Then probably a Ti silcencer, bmfab boards and rear bumper, maybe elevate? And tki belt drive?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Boards and elevate kit in the fall.

L
Nov 25, 2018
I don't know, just something I want to try, I can't see it being a problem since a 800cc with a 300lbs rider or a 4stroke with a 200lbs rider are very similar. What have you heard?

Just heard from a friend that has a king cat that he was reading that it was too heavy for the mono-rail and had a tendency to wash out. But, that was only one guy so not sure. It would be a cool add though.

jason_hildo

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2010
Im not a crazy steep/tree guy so I imagine ill be ok. I figure the Alpha could help mitigate the weight of the 4 stroke, maybe more of a fun build than a practical one.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
Elevate kit for my 2018 Early Release or sell it and upgrade to a 2020 Alpha.

I'm weighing the (+)s and (-)s of keeping my 18 with 600 miles and investing $1,800 into it by adding an Elevate kit.

So far I'm leaning towards the Alpha, but the thought of an upgraded chasis and motor in 2021 are also influencing my options.

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
It somehow I could get the alpha track on a twin rail skid I would do that for sure .

Z
Apr 26, 2017
Elevate kit for my 2018 Early Release or sell it and upgrade to a 2020 Alpha.

I'm weighing the (+)s and (-)s of keeping my 18 with 600 miles and investing $1,800 into it by adding an Elevate kit.

So far I'm leaning towards the Alpha, but the thought of an upgraded chasis and motor in 2021 are also influencing my options.

Personally, I'd either go with the elevate or upgrade to an alpha. New chassis are exciting and typically fun, but can often come with some headaches. Not saying that it won't be a home run right from the beginning, but usually they require some tweaks initially. Plus, you never know if it will come out next year. Might as well ride the best that is available for the time being.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Personally, I'd either go with the elevate or upgrade to an alpha. New chassis are exciting and typically fun, but can often come with some headaches. Not saying that it won't be a home run right from the beginning, but usually they require some tweaks initially. Plus, you never know if it will come out next year. Might as well ride the best that is available for the time being.

Yep upgrade now. Waiting for the newest and greatest you could be waiting forever and miss out on riding a super fun sled in the mean time. I know guys that didn't buy 15s or 16s or 17s because they wanted to wait for cat to come out with new engine and chassis the next year. That turned into 4 years and missed time on some really fun sleds. The Alpha is so dang fun as it is I would not hesitate to jump on one now and see what happens in the future.

Personally I will be upgrading my Alpha to a 20 Alpha and probably throwing an Elevate on it and a can and riding it. The days of adding a bunch of parts are gone. SO not needed this sled is more than capable as is. Just gas oil and rip. But elevate has me curious if I decide to spend the money.

F

Fredrik

Nov 29, 2007
Mvm beltdrive 2:42 ratio

Bdx boards

Add steering modify stock arm or kmod arm

Pc 2,6 or 3" 153 track ran 156 challenger 2,7 this season

Motion rear suspension without springs and see if i can move it to
forward holes if so i will try that setup.

Premium Features