• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summerizing?

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Does any have a tutorial on fogging the engine or flooding the oil pump?

On the pro I did the oil pump flood, and slowly pull it over a few times maybe once a month. Seemed to work. Not sure on these newfangled units...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
I park them in the garage. A couple of times I pull them out on the driveway and let them idle until they come up to temp. That's it. I only run 91 no ethanol. In 35 years I have had 2 engine failures. Piston on a turbo Dragon and and snagged a ring on a lake race ported twin piped Exciter.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Yes!

I watched the last two storms underperform, and lost faith. I'm in MN.

I would take off immediately though for a spring dump over 24". The last two were more like 8" of cream.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
f280b10c4a92a3abe9915a79886c7f40.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Some folks go through quite an extensive time consuming routine, (pulling fuel injectors, fogging, flooding) although I don't think it's really necessary. I simply lube the suspension and fill full of gas with some STA-BIL. Every few weeks I start it, let it idle and come up to temp, wing it up a bit and shut down. At the three month mark I siphon out the gas and run it through a car, continue until it snows. I do this same procedure on all my gas engines, weed whackers, mowers, blowers, chainsaws, generators. In 35 years and 70,000 miles of riding I've never had a gas related problem (ethanol or pure gas) with either a carbed or fuel injected machine. The way spring is going I might be riding on the fourth of July here in NE Nevada, endless winter, sled ride in the morning, and boating in the afternoon makes for an awesome lifestyle.

Premium Features