• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro RMK - to - Khaos

G
Mar 18, 2018
Calgary
After hearing all the reviews - the khaos sounds perfect for me, but financially I am not in the market for a new sled.
What can I do to my 2016 163" to make it more like a khaos?
I don't really want to buy a new longer front track shock. I realize I won't be able to get all the way there but I'd like to get as close as I can.

I already have a react replica front end (b-pwr brand)

New tipped up rails? Who makes khaos style?
Lengthen limiter strap?
Adjust front track shock? Preload in or out?
Relocate some rear suspension mounting points?

All the reviews make it sound easier and more fun to ride. I still find myself struggling to ride mine and therefore am not having as much fun as I could
Thanks!

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
After hearing all the reviews - the khaos sounds perfect for me, but financially I am not in the market for a new sled.
What can I do to my 2016 163" to make it more like a khaos?
I don't really want to buy a new longer front track shock. I realize I won't be able to get all the way there but I'd like to get as close as I can.

I already have a react replica front end (b-pwr brand)

New tipped up rails? Who makes khaos style?
Lengthen limiter strap?
Adjust front track shock? Preload in or out?
Relocate some rear suspension mounting points?

All the reviews make it sound easier and more fun to ride. I still find myself struggling to ride mine and therefore am not having as much fun as I could
Thanks!

Khaos/Assault style rails. Look to IceAge for them.
You can purchase FTS and RTS springs now, available through Polaris. They can help replicate the Khaos light front end.
Lighter RTS spring and heavier FTS spring. A revalve may be in order.

RTS springs
120#. 7041575-133. 11.42”
130#. 7043159-067. 12.50”
170#. 7043195-133. .375x12.895”
190#. 7043572-133. . .393x11.25”
210#. 7043714-133. .406x11.25”
250#. 7043740-067. .421x11.25”
260#. 7043585-133. .453x12.25”

Attachments

• 6C241DB7-0288-4DA5-9A3F-459796D4BCA5.jpeg
    6C241DB7-0288-4DA5-9A3F-459796D4BCA5.jpeg
    322.4 KB · Views: 290
  • 3262AF58-04E9-401B-B2EF-05A31900E299.jpeg
    3262AF58-04E9-401B-B2EF-05A31900E299.jpeg
    259 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
IN short, you cant make an exact one at the moment. But what you CAN do is this.

IceAge 155 assault rails.

Polaris Assault Front track shock
Polaris Assault limiter strap

This obviously wont replicate the whole package and shocks/valving etc but should get you very close to what a production khaos will ride like.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Funny how things change in just a few short years. I had a Pro chassis Assault and the goal was to get as far away from the Assault rails as possible. That thing trenched a lot. Moved the front mounting holes up and it was significantly better.

Now Poo is going the other direction. I'll put money down on lots of trenching complaints next season. Yeah, I get what they're trying to accomplish, but for all but the well seasoned rider it's just gonna trench more.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Funny how things change in just a few short years. I had a Pro chassis Assault and the goal was to get as far away from the Assault rails as possible. That thing trenched a lot. Moved the front mounting holes up and it was significantly better.

Now Poo is going the other direction. I'll put money down on lots of trenching complaints next season. Yeah, I get what they're trying to accomplish, but for all but the well seasoned rider it's just gonna trench more.

Agreed... i find it pretty comical. Since 2011 everybody's been trying to turn their assault rmks into a pro. Now polaris releases "the khaos" a sled similar to an assault rmk with a narrow front, and due to their awesome marketing every rider thinks hes gotta have a khaos... So now everybodys chomping at the bit to turn their pro into a khaos aka the same trenching machine that the assault rmk is/was. Pretty funny!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Agreed... i find it pretty comical. Since 2011 everybody's been trying to turn their assault rmks into a pro. Now polaris releases "the khaos" a sled similar to an assault rmk with a narrow front, and due to their awesome marketing every rider thinks hes gotta have a khaos... So now everybodys chomping at the bit to turn their pro into a khaos aka the same trenching machine that the assault rmk is/was. Pretty funny!
To be fair the Khaos is a big stretch from an assault. RMK track and narrow front. The really only perk of the Assault for a mountain rider in the past was the higher end shocks, but you got sucked into the stiff tracks and wide fronts.

Now a rider can get a sled with more useable suspension, higher end shocks with minimal loss in deep snow performance. So IMO its really a very incorrect thing to correlate the Khaos to the Assault.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
To be fair the Khaos is a big stretch from an assault. RMK track and narrow front. The really only perk of the Assault for a mountain rider in the past was the higher end shocks, but you got sucked into the stiff tracks and wide fronts.

Now a rider can get a sled with more useable suspension, higher end shocks with minimal loss in deep snow performance. So IMO its really a very incorrect thing to correlate the Khaos to the Assault.

I understand the khaos and assault have A LOT of differences. But, the way i see it, shocks aside, the only difference between a khaos and a pro is the longer front torque arm/track shock and rail profile. Assault RMK essentially has that same characteristic, and majority of assault owners complain about trenching and try to convert it to a pro... Assault RMKS have been available to snowcheck with the 2.6 since the axys came out also. Not trying to knock the khaos i just think a lot of guys should be careful and realize what they're ordering. Im sure in the right application the khaos will be a wicked sled. Who knows maybe I'll hop on one and eat crow but for my personal riding style i dont need a wheelie machine.

E
Aug 29, 2016
Buena Vista, CO
My 17 assault has a 36” front end with revalved shocks- 2.6” track, front skid arm moved to upper hole- and suspension tuned to not trench- who wants to buy a khaos in time for some spring riding?

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon

Absolutely loved my pro assault, 36” and peak 2.5”, wanting to drop my axys rmk to the lower “assault” mounting position to get it more like my old pro was.

Premium Features