• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 dragon 800 turbo, altitude change

T
Mar 16, 2018
Hey guys. Running 09 dragon 800, boondocker turbo kit, controler, boost controler, and timing modal. Running 105 octane. I just recently moved from colorado to new Hampshire . Boondocker isnt being much help. Trying to get a set of starting numbers and they claim they dont have any for low elevation. I dont wanna run the sled till I get a general rule of numbers. I could make her rich and adjust according but I risk washout and ruining my wideband sensor. Any help would be appreciated. I'm running 15lbs of boost in co. I'd like to run 10 here. Im sure theres somone on the east coast that has a turbo setup. I checked the forums but only found newer sleds running them
Thanks in advance

ez-ryder

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Dawson Creek B.C.
I run a 700 dragon turbo.
I can give you a ball park of where mine is vs. The starting numbers.
What elevation are you at?

It will be pretty rich with the colorado numbers.
You could plug your 02 sensor.
Keep lowering the numbers till it comes alive a bit.
At that point it will probably be at 11.5 to 1.
Then put your 02 sensor back in.

ez-ryder

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Dawson Creek B.C.
Ya it's wierd on these boondocker turbo setups.
They didn't do anything to counteract what the ecu is doing. Duh?

Yes in a engine you go lower and make more power you need more fuel.

But when it's turboed things change.

The ecu thinks it's still stock.
So when you go lower it adds fuel.
When you you go up it takes fuel away.
But your turboed and creating an artificial atmosphere so you need to conteract this on the controller.

Boondocker really messed up here. And they don't even explain in the instructions what is going to happen.

On my D7.
My psi high wot number at 6000 feet is around 55.
At 2000 feet I think it's about 48

At 10000 feet on your 800 you were probably approaching 70. I know the starting number was 65? On that.
Which was at 6000 feet I think.

T
Mar 16, 2018
Oh ok! I see what your saying now. Makes total sense. Could you send me what you have for numbers? Bondocker gave me all zeros except 6700 low 03. Psih 42 50 60. Runs fat as he'll. I took out some fuel at tge top end and it ran significantly better! Doing a fix it kit on the sled RN but hopefully be riding this coming up weekend. Suspose to get another foot! Woohoo

ez-ryder

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Dawson Creek B.C.
Well my numbers in psi high won't mean anything to you.
Mine is a 700. Starting numbers at 6000ish feet are 42 65 56. I was just running at 2000 feet and I was down to 38 58 48.

This is a rough guess and not sure on psi low being reduced this much, doesn't seem to need it.
Probably cause I'm seldom in that area long enough to notice.
But anyway from the starting numbers of 42 50 60 at 6000feet. It seems like it's about one per 500 feet.
So at 500 your going to be around 31 39 49.
But I suggest just lowering it a bit at a time till your tuned.
Mine works at 12.5:1

I've never run a timing module.
You could take it off and run less boost
If your going to run str av. anyway.

I know mine would pull pretty hard at 500feet and 5lbs.
I really notice how much better it runs down low off boost.
Everything just works better. Clutching isn't as heavy feeling before boost.

I always run some accel like -15 with duration of 20. sn left at what is in there now which is 13?
And I pull fuel in the 3000 5000 range when play riding.
Have to put some back in going down the trail.
More elevation I climb the more i need to pull fuel in there. So at 500 feet it might be good.

Last edited:
Premium Features