• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 ZR 200 brief review

D
Dec 5, 2007
Pilot jet: I get the EPA stepped in and they were jetted lean from the get go. Factory carb was a 50.0 pilot and they were leaned down to a 37.5. ****ty cold start and idle issues enter stage right... At least give an option for additional pilot jet sizes. Luckily for the sledding community you have folks like Rec Motors out there making a drill kit to open them up a bit (don't forget to open your air screw a bit too). There are NO stock pilot jets available right now, none, across the country. I find out that Yamaha is offering a 38.9 pilot, but AC is not. I also found a local guy that sourced me a 42.5 and a 47.5 to try. This will fix the cold start, the rough idle, and the bobble on take off.

I ordered Yamaha part # 7CU-E4142-42-A0, which is a #42.5 pilot jet used in the Yamaha generators and readily available. It will solve most of the low end hesitation and cold start issues. I first ordered the pilot jet drill bit kit and it worked on one of my machines, but the drill bit sheared off while drilling out the second machine's pilot jet.

B
Dec 29, 2018
Yep! I got a set of those too, new carbs and new pilots (42.5) and they run great!

I just got the nomex gaskets in the mail and will test run those when I get home and see if I can stop the heat transfer issue.

MNBlizzard

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
Duluth, MN
My 6yr old is enjoying the heck out of her ZR200. However, I am a little disappointed in the cold starting ability and the idling. She has been a good sport and has picked up on how to massage the throttle to keep it going, but I am definitely taking it in to get the dealer to fix it.

S

SpencerA

Mar 30, 2010
Portland Oregon
So are the ZR and the Scoot basically the same?

Does anyone know if any changes are coming for these sleds in 2020? I found 19 scoot 6 hours away for sale but we’re having a pretty bad snow year so wondering if I should snow check a 2020.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
So are the ZR and the Scoot basically the same?

Does anyone know if any changes are coming for these sleds in 2020? I found 19 scoot 6 hours away for sale but we’re having a pretty bad snow year so wondering if I should snow check a 2020.

They are identical except for color, as far as I know.

I don't know for sure if the 19 yamaha has electric start like the cat does.

Premium Features