• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1988 Sno Scoot Carburetor

M
Dec 19, 2018
I am looking to replace the carb on my 1988 sno scoots (one electric start and the other plain old kick start). Current carbs are and have always been a PITA. Thinking of going with the Mikuni TM28 Flatside (cheaper at $120) rather than the new Yamaha one ($350-470). I have read more people like the flat side better too. But I am having a hard time finding someone who has it dialed in and could give me a heads up on the jet setup. If you have this info, please let me know. Thanks

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I put a mikuni flat slide on my snoscoot a few years ago. Was tired of trying to fix the stack carbs all the time. I don't remember what size i used. I do remember bore was almost identical to the stock carb bore. Also had to go way richer on the main jet than what came in it.

K
Dec 9, 2019
I wanted a slide carb like all my bikes had growing up. I bought one for $30 for a KX80 and threw it in. Didn't even change the jetting. The only other thing we run is a hotter NGK plug, and the Boysen Reeds. She rips.....

M
Dec 19, 2018
I put a mikuni flat slide on my snoscoot a few years ago. Was tired of trying to fix the stack carbs all the time. I don't remember what size i used. I do remember bore was almost identical to the stock carb bore. Also had to go way richer on the main jet than what came in it.
Still having carb issues. Still running stock set up cleaned it and it ran for a bit but still same issues after it’s hot it runs then dies. Tough to get it started then runs again for a bit.
Max, you said you used the flat side? What jets/needles etc did you upgrade it with?

M
Dec 19, 2018
Do you recall which one you used?

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
And what do you do with the idle sensor plugin that is on the stock carb...leave it plugged in but doing nothing, or does it mount up?

Premium Features